Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Usually adults who know how to swim don’t usually wear a life jackets. One of those things that should always be worn but a persons self confidence in their ability usually causes them to not wear it. 

just my 2 cents on it

Edited by agarcia34

45 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

• Rodney Hudson – 93
  • Richie Incognito – 90
  • Josh Jacobs – 88
  • Trent Brown – 87
  • Darren Waller – 85
  • Damarious Randall – 82
  • Lamarcus Joyner – 82
  • Tyrell Williams – 82
  • Derek Carr – 79
  • Gabe Jackson – 79

Our running game in Madden is going to be tough to stop. Jacobs should be in the 90s soon. Waller should be higher though imo. 

Jacobs only 1 overall rating less than saquon Barkley which is a lot of respect given to a RB in his second year. 

Waller rating is trash, but I haven’t played a game of regs in years. I just stick with Ultimate team. 

Edited by agarcia34

19 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Usually adults who know how to swim don’t usually wear a life jackets. One of those things that should always be worn but a persons self confidence in their ability usually causes them to not wear it. 

just my 2 cents on it

Yeah everyone knows how to swim until something happens.... apparently the lake was known to have “lots of currents”.

Its a shame her hubris cost her life.  It was LIKELY so easily avoided.

Edited by jimkelly02

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah everyone knows how to swim until something happens.... apparently the lake was known to have “lots of currents”.

Its a shame her hubris cost her life.  It was LIKELY so easily avoided.

I agree with what you said but right after someone dies is not the time to discuss why or how they messed up.  I personally do not ever feel a connection to celebrities but someone may or even have known her on here.  Just not time yet.  Let the emotion of the tragedy lessen.  It appears she made up for whatever mistake, if she made one, by saving her child's life.  It is the most meaningful way to go in my book if she did.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

just my 2 cents on it

Recently, I did a hike in Utah called the Narrows. I almost drowned, because I had these heavy rock climbing shoes and the river has currents. Most casual people don’t do the intense hike and turn away. If you keep going in the narrows it gets a bit scary during certain parts because you can’t touch the ground and there’s a strong current. I just feel thankful the current pushed me forward where it was my shallow and I was able to gather myself. For a second I had to battle to a rock and just barely hold on, because I realize I couldn’t control swimming because of the current. I eventually had to let go and hope for the best 

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree with what you said but right after someone dies is not the time to discuss why or how they messed up.  I personally do not ever feel a connection to celebrities but someone may or even have known her on here.  Just not time yet.  Let the emotion of the tragedy lessen.  It appears she made up for whatever mistake, if she made one, by saving her child's life.  It is the most meaningful way to go in my book if she did.

I always feel a connection with people who I see usually don’t make it, and beat the odds and shine to another level.  Naya symbolized excellence! Alot of people of the culture get looked over and have to just stay in a certain lane. The industry is shady. Maybe it’s a bias talking here..... She also Looked so beautiful wearing  silver and black. Atleast her son will pass on her legacy 

Edited by Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I wasn’t piling on her... I didn’t say she deserved that happened because she didn’t wear a life vest... i said nothing like that. 

So that’s why I don’t buy your moral superiority lecture.  There’s a difference from commenting on how tragic yet potentially  avoidable the death was and pulling an Ari Shaffir.  I don’t care she was some 6th round draft pick’s semi-cute sister with a brief acting career of her own... I’m not going to idolize her for that.... but she was a human, a mother+sister+friend+etc, an American.  It’s just as sad and tragic as any other death and one that could have been avoided potentially.  

I simply was stressing the importance of safety when swimming.  Things can turn tragic fast.  No one likes to wear a life vest, their bulky and just “uncool” imo.  However, when your a parent it’s your responsibility to ensure your child’s safety AND your safety so you can be there for them.  I didn’t say she deserved what happened, I wish it never happened, I hope people realize the risks and act more safe.  It’s one of those things we’re you can do it 1000x before and never have a problem but that 1x, when certain conditions exist or a specific situation presents itself, and it’s a perfect storm for a tragic event.  
Do I always act safe? Absolutely not... I’m the definition of reckless... we’ll I use to be.  So no I didn’t say she deserved what happened because she didn’t wear her vest.

“and the it’s just not time yet” is a piss poor comment.... yeah let’s wait 6 weeks and then return and comment on a post 53 pages and 600 months ago.  I’m pretty sure if anyone really knows her her loss will still be very hard to deal with then too.

Not to mention I made the comment on a Raiders Message board... so let’s not act like I posted it on her online obituary.

• Like 1