Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

Gallery was for sure a bust.

Was definitely a bust, but he was a very good LG for us for years. 
Obviously not what you want at #2, but he was regarded as a safe pick, because he projected to be a good LG in the case he failed. 

The difference between a bust like, Rolando or Russell, is that Gallery still made a probowl for us (I think). Just not at a position you draft #2

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

We can only choose 2 to be post June 1st cuts now but that does not help us with cap space until June 1st.  We still have to carry them on the books until then for cap purposes.

cut Littleton and Littleton if I had to choose. Cap space would be for Waller Extension and Draft Class. Maybe we could trade Nassib for day 3 pick 

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

wonder if we can sucker a team into trading for Littleton. He's still a name, a team might think they are smarter than us

I guess I'm a little different opinion to most of the forum as there seems to be a clamour for LBs early in the draft every year but to me, if you stick Morrow behind that Rams DL he'd look very much like a Littleton a few years ago when he was a prized FA. Unless there's an exceptional LB there I'd always go DL first as I think Morrow and Perryman can do a job behind if we get the big boys right. I can't see it s being able to deal Littleton at all as his contract would be prohibitive. Morrow, Deablo and Perryman looks good to me if we get the platform right in front of them. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Interesting curious You think gallery was a win for us?

Whoa cough, draft position? Context plz kind sir. Gallery was #2 overall not 17th. Huge difference imo .....update, lol. Several mentions of this. Sorry bro, definitely a sore spot draft for me, see below....lmao!

Edited by Devilshark69
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

wonder if we can sucker a team into trading for Littleton. He's still a name, a team might think they are smarter than us

No team is going to take on his contract, he literally didn't even play down the stretch of the season and is set to make like $16M.

Just now, FloydFan said:

If we are going to spend big on someone that’s one I wouldn’t be upset with. Would make sense considering the secondary first approach NE does philosophically. 

There's too many reasons to consider it.  If we land him?  Who knows.  I'd bet the farm he's in our scope. 

17 minutes ago, Totty said:

There's too many reasons to consider it.  If we land him?  Who knows.  I'd bet the farm he's in our scope. 

I have to agree with you. Not saying we are gonna get him but the thought has to be on the table with Ziegler and McD. 

5 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Whoa cough, draft position? Context plz kind sir. Gallery was #2 overall not 17th. Huge difference imo .....update, lol. Several mentions of this. Sorry bro, definitely a sore spot draft for me, see below....lmao!

Every single person in the NFL thought he's gonna be the hall of famer. He just maxed out in college.