Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Team player Derek Carr gonna get our 2nd best player traded for a 2nd round pick, nice.

He’s already posted he’s against it, your flippin carr hate is tiring NY. Hondo carpenter has looked into this , it’s more GB inquiring than anything, and a GB writer running with it!! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

News in Packerland is that Waller was originally part of the trade for Davante Adams- but the League nixed it because of the franchise tag rules. Can't trade one tagged player for an un-tagged player. So the Packers and Raiders settled on 22/53 instead of 22/Waller. And now the Raiders/Packers are talking about sending # 53 back to LV for Waller in a draft day trade. Stay tuned

That's really interesting for sure. If they are indeed resuming trade talks then I would think that the leverage is more with the Raiders this time round so I'd be surprised if it's just a trade for our second rounder. I'd be a little underwhelmed if he's traded for our own second rounder as I think with his limited mileage he has tons of tread left on the tyres and a very trade friendly contract at the moment, I'd want at least a first but in this crazy off season I guess anything can happen! 😀

41 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That's really interesting for sure. If they are indeed resuming trade talks then I would think that the leverage is more with the Raiders this time round so I'd be surprised if it's just a trade for our second rounder. I'd be a little underwhelmed if he's traded for our own second rounder as I think with his limited mileage he has tons of tread left on the tyres and a very trade friendly contract at the moment, I'd want at least a first but in this crazy off season I guess anything can happen! 😀

We had the leverage in the original trade.  Did not help us one bit.

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Your absolutely right!  

5 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

I’m no cap guru but cant  we give him a short term bump in pay The thought of him and Adams in the RedZone I mean how can you not be over the moon I need to see it 

Yeah we could certainly give Waller more money this year, but it more likely we extend him and in doing so increase his ‘22 and ‘23 compensation.  But because we increased compensation on years he’s already under contract for that would mean we pay him less in the extension years.

Example:

Current: 

‘22: salary of $6.25M plus $250k workout bonus and .5M in active game bonuses, which as a ‘Likely to be achieved bonus for cap purposes counts as $343.75k because he was active for 11 of 17 games last season.  His cap hit is this $6.84375M.  I’ll round this to 7.0M because if he plays all 17 games we’ll have a credit of (500k - 343.5k… or the 6 games that were deemed unlikely Bonuses but by virtue Of him playing on them we now have a cap hit.

’23: same exact thing but his cap hit as of now is 7.0m because the likely to be achieved active game bonuses is yet to be accounted for based on how many games he’s on the active roster for this season.  Let’s hope he plays all 17 games and his cap hit is this 7.0m.

Possible Extension- 3y, 45.3M (15.1m APY and thus the highest paid TE per season)

22- 7.0m from current deal + 8.0m of extension money in the form of a roster bonus = 15.0m cap hit

‘23- 7.0m from current deal + 3.0m of extension money = 10.0M cap hit

(I think we’ll try and keep the ‘23 cap hit rather low because we don’t have much cap space next season)

‘24- 11m salary in salary, Workout bonus, active game bonuses 

‘25- 11m salary in salary, Workout bonus, active game bonuses 

‘26- 12.3m in salary, Workout bonus, active game bonuses 

You could even add a void year and give him a larger Signing Bonus then Roster Bonus and the SB gets prorated out over all 5 years.  There’s limitless ways to structure it.

Edited by jimkelly02

23 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

NyRaider Overreacting to a twitter rumored trade to take a shot at DC, Nice 😆

Where are the other DC haters?  There used to be so many.  I know NY is still standing the watch but wasn't there like 5 guys that wanted to move on from DC at all costs?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Where are the other DC haters?  There used to be so many.  I know NY is still standing the watch but wasn't there like 5 guys that wanted to move on from DC at all costs?  

I was willing to move on from Carr for the right cost but wanted to see other players get reps at QB at the end of lost seasons to make a better informed decision.  I still think Carr has plenty to work on and has not proven to be a top 10 QB or a QB that can carry a team.  I also believe he has every physical tool needed but is to risk adverse to ever reach his potential.  This year he has just about everything a QB could ask for so there should finally be no excuses.  I want to see a 60% plus TD conversion rate in the red zone, I want to see him finally not in the top ten in fumbles, I want to see him down 3 with 4 minutes left not score a TD in under a minute, and I want a playoff win.  There are probably stuff I am missing but in short I know Carr can do it but I have reservations about whether he will or not.  I know a playoff win is not completely on him but he needs to be the factor that puts us over the top.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I was willing to move on from Carr for the right cost but wanted to see other players get reps at QB at the end of lost seasons to make a better informed decision.  I still think Carr has plenty to work on and has not proven to be a top 10 QB or a QB that can carry a team.  I also believe he has every physical tool needed but is to risk adverse to ever reach his potential.  This year he has just about everything a QB could ask for so there should finally be no excuses.  I want to see a 60% plus TD conversion rate in the red zone, I want to see him finally not in the top ten in fumbles, I want to see him down 3 with 4 minutes left not score a TD in under a minute, and I want a playoff win.  There are probably stuff I am missing but in short I know Carr can do it but I have reservations about whether he will or not.  I know a playoff win is not completely on him but he needs to be the factor that puts us over the top.

I don't know where 60% TD conversion rate would rank but yeah, I hope he has his best year ever.

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't know where 60% TD conversion rate would rank but yeah, I hope he has his best year ever.

Last year we were at 49% and 60% would rank 16th.  He has not been above 60% since 2015 and also the only year he had over 30 TDs.  He is my QB so of course I want to get him fitted for a gold jacket.  I want him to be the best QB in the league and for him to carry us to a SB victory.  I want $40 million to look like a steal after this year.  Problem is I do not always get what I want.  If Carr struggles at all and MM has a good year the FO of Gruden and McDaniels is going to look really stupid.  I am not saying MM is better but rather we never gave him a chance to show what he had even when the season was lost.

59 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Last year we were at 49% and 60% would rank 16th.  He has not been above 60% since 2015 and also the only year he had over 30 TDs.  He is my QB so of course I want to get him fitted for a gold jacket.  I want him to be the best QB in the league and for him to carry us to a SB victory.  I want $40 million to look like a steal after this year.  Problem is I do not always get what I want.  If Carr struggles at all and MM has a good year the FO of Gruden and McDaniels is going to look really stupid.  I am not saying MM is better but rather we never gave him a chance to show what he had even when the season was lost.

Out of curiosity, why would that make McDaniels look bad? Mariota was a FA and it was well known he wanted a starting shot. 

Even if McD and Ziegler offered to re-sign him, he almost assuredly wouldn't have taken it over a team offering a clear path to start early. At best, he would've had to compete and beat out Carr so clearly that he would start week one. 

Now, shame on Gruden, as a strong performance or 2 by Mariota would've likely increased his trade value for last off season, or, set us up to trade Carr and roll with the cheaper option. That, I wholeheartedly agree with. 

I'm just not seeing where Mariota leaving via FA has much to do with our current staff. I don't think him coming back was a viable option, given all of the circumstances.