Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

it is 10000 times better though than doing it by bulk when teams havent played the same amount of games. . . which is what you did, when ranking our O and D by first downs allowed and earned. 

Youre saying my stat isnt fair, because its 5 vs 6. . . but my stat at least factors that difference in. 
Yours dosnt.

The fact you are telling me my stat isnt acurate, because its 5 vs 6 games is crazy becuase your stat also has 5 vs 6 games, and doesnt factor that in at all. 

How does the fact per game, factoring in this massive difference, somehow making the stat worse In your opinion?

I am literally in shock I have to explain this NCough. 
going by per game, every team is on an even playing field. 

Is it perfect, no. It is a stat. LMAO. 

I honestly have no idea what you are arguing here. 
Do you not think its weird that every other team in the top 10 first downs allowed has also had their bye week? 

Honestly. 

Think here. 
Our D, has played 1 less game then 23 teams in the NFL. 
Close to 17% less time to potentially give up a first down.

per game, at least factors this in. 

Jesus, ncough, trying to be polite here, but please think. you are arguing possibly the dumbest argument ive ever seen.

emotions don’t even need to be a part of any internet convo between two people who will never cross paths in real life so I appreciate that.

I just asked a question about the accuracy of you and your averages. I didn’t call you out your name, question your intelligence or challenge you to a duel.

I agree stats are flawed and that’s why they usually aren’t even calculated unless a baseline is met.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

emotions don’t even need to be a part of any internet convo between two people who will never cross paths in real life so I appreciate that.

I just asked a question about the accuracy of you and your averages. I didn’t call you out your name, question your intelligence or challenge you to a duel.

I agree stats are flawed and that’s why they usually aren’t even calculated unless a baseline is met.

Agreed. We are all Raider fans, who love this team probably to much. 
The stats I used are accurate for the time being, they are stats. 
Your stats are accurate too. 

But one of them factors in the difference of games played, the other doesnt. 

They will change next week when they have more data. 

Its like looking at the weekly passing leaders halfway through the afternoon games. 
Most of the leaders are the QBs who played the morning games. Because they played a full game. 

Some of them will stay leaders, and some of the qbs playing in the afternoon games are going to catch up once they finished playing the full game. 
-
It is not fair to judge them based on 1 full game, when others havent played the same amount. 

-
You can keep thinking we are a top 10 D if it makes you happy. 
I will actually bow out this time haha. 

Cheers and go Raiders. 

@NCOUGHMANi have another way to explain this whole per game thing for ya.

we all agree we are not great in the Redzone offensively right?

well we are tied for 9th In Redzone touchdowns. 

by your bulk stats, that is all that should matter. Other teams can’t get to Redzone, but we can’t just assume they’d score if they did cause that would change everything, so best to just not go percentages. As you said with our first downs allowed by our D. Only thing that matters, to you is bulk stats.

but, we are 3rd in Redzone attempts, so we should be much better in Redzone tds than 9th. Can you understand why this is the case? 3rd in attempts, if your a good Redzone team should at least be top 5 in scores I think. 

the fact we have more Redzone attempts than a lot of teams and only 9 tds is a not a good thing for our Redzone O. 
it shows a lot of wasted opportunities. 

percentage wise we are tied for 15th which seems more accurate.  

percentage is the same as per game. 

it takes the amount of success divided by opportunities.

you agree we are not a top 10 Redzone team, even though we’ve scored 9 tds there right? 

11 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

@NCOUGHMANi have another way to explain this whole per game thing for ya.

we all agree we are not great in the Redzone offensively right?

well we are tied for 9th In Redzone touchdowns. 

by your bulk stats, that is all that should matter. Other teams can’t get to Redzone, but we can’t just assume they’d score if they did cause that would change everything, so best to just not go percentages. As you said with our first downs allowed by our D. Only thing that matters, to you is bulk stats.

but, we are 3rd in Redzone attempts, so we should be much better in Redzone tds than 9th. Can you understand why this is the case? 3rd in attempts, if your a good Redzone team should at least be top 5 in scores I think. 

the fact we have more Redzone attempts than a lot of teams and only 9 tds is a not a good thing for our Redzone O. 
it shows a lot of wasted opportunities. 

percentage wise we are tied for 15th which seems more accurate.  

percentage is the same as per game. 

it takes the amount of success divided by opportunities.

you agree we are not a top 10 Redzone team, even though we’ve scored 9 tds there right? 

Bro just tell me which stats I’m allowed to use lol here.

espn & nfl network all use the same stats I did and the bye week effect is understood. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bro just tell me which stats I’m allowed to use lol here.

espn & nfl network all use the same stats I did and the bye week effect is understood. 

You can use whatever stat you want. Just try to put them in context. 
when we are one of 7 teams to have a bye week, it would make sense for us to have less first downs then others. 

don’t use it as a shot against our O. The flip is true for our D, don’t use that to prop up our D. 

context matters with stats. 
its similar to saying Mack hollins is the most accurate passer in nfl history. He is 1/1 who the hell cares lol. 
context matters

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

You can use whatever stat you want. Just try to put them in context. 
when we are one of 7 teams to have a bye week, it would make sense for us to have less first downs then others. 

don’t use it as a shot against our O. The flip is true for our D, don’t use that to prop up our D. 

context matters with stats. 
its similar to saying Mack hollins is the most accurate passer in nfl history. He is 1/1 who the hell cares lol. 
context matters

Meh I’ll just start putting an “*” by it until after week 14 when all teams have had a bye week 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 1:52 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Apparently a lot of folks are sick on the team. Something going around. Hopefully doesn't hurt us too much come Sunday

It seems like it hurt us quite a bit 😄

Maybe there was something to this as the whole team was just off.

• Like 1

Interview with DZ: https://theathletic.com/3755848/2022/11/02/raiders-dave-ziegler-josh-mcdaniels/?source=emp_shared_article

Notable comments:

“When you come in for Year 1, what you’re doing from the beginning until the end of the season is evaluating,” Ziegler said. “You’re figuring out what the fits are, what your strengths are as a team, what your needs are as a team going forward. That was always going to be a big part of Year 1 and continues to be a big part of Year 1.

“Obviously at 2-5, that’s not where we want to be so you have to continue to take a critical look at things that you’re doing, from a scouting standpoint or whatever it may be organizationally, it hasn’t been good enough.’

Ziegler and McDaniels are evaluating which players they want to bring back next season, and the team’s best offensive player this season has been Jacobs. The running back, whose fifth-year option for next season was declined last April, is fourth in the league in rushing with 676 yards.

“We are excited the way that Josh is playing,” Ziegler said. “Running back in the NFL can be a short-term thing. It’s a tough position to play. And Josh has shown improvement over his career, and really taken a step this year. His ball security is really improved, he’s improved in the passing game and in pass protection.

“He continues to be a great runner and he embodies a lot of the things that we’re looking for in a football player — his work ethic, his approach every day. … If Josh continues to do the things he is doing, things will take care of themselves.”

The patchwork offensive line was his own doing, as he opted not to bring in a veteran to compete for a spot after Denzelle Good retired, Brandon Parker tore his tricep and 2021 first-round pick Alex Leatherwood flamed out.

“I just didn’t feel like there was a player out there that was going to really upgrade our offensive line for the cost of doing business,” Ziegler said. “I think our offensive line has grown into a unit that needs to continue to improve but has been fairly consistent. I don’t think I would pinpoint that as a major problem.”

While the Raiders gave Carr a contract extension and traded for receiver Davante Adams, their big move on defense was signing former Patriots and Cardinals pass rusher Chandler Jones to a big contract. Jones, 32, has half a sack and one tackle for a loss in seven games.

“He has done a good job for us in the run game,” Ziegler said. “We wanted to bring in a player with some length that could set the edge, and he has done a good job of that. From the pass-rusher standpoint, he has had some games where he has had some disruptive rushes and affected the quarterback.

“The sack numbers haven’t been there and he would like to finish at the quarterback more. But he still garners a lot of attention and protections get slid his way, he is getting chipped and checked which opens up opportunities for other teammates. We need them to capitalize on those opportunities.”

• Like 2