Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I mean, this is literally what I said:

"As someone who loves defense, seemingly more than others, this is sickening"

It's just me saying that I like defense more than other people. A lot of people also like QBs who scramble, I do not. That's all it is, just a personal preference.

Yes, our drafting has ******* sucked but when people bring up the monetary values infused into our defense, or lack thereof, it's usually left out that majority of our draft capital has gone into it and left a lot to be desired. Plus, we don't necessarily know if spending would've done a damn thing ala Chandler Jones.

You also said it cannot be stated enough how bad this has hurt him.  Like I said I am not trying to tell you what you meant.  Just how it came across.  It came across as an excuse for Carr.  I apologize since that is not what you meant.  The draft capital has been close to 50/50.  The first rounders are in favor of the offense and day 2 in favor of the defense.  Now crap FA signings are not going to help the defense while ignoring the iDL will probably negate any defensive moves.  If we want to improve the defense we need DT talent pure and simple.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

You also said it cannot be stated enough how bad this has hurt him.  Like I said I am not trying to tell you what you meant.  Just how it came across.  It came across as an excuse for Carr.  I apologize since that is not what you meant.  The draft capital has been close to 50/50.  The first rounders are in favor of the offense and day 2 in favor of the defense.  Now crap FA signings are not going to help the defense while ignoring the iDL will probably negate any defensive moves.  If we want to improve the defense we need DT talent pure and simple.

I only brought him up bc he's in the picture. Never even thought about it to be honest. It certainly is a viable excuse though IMO but it's been discussed at length in here at so no need to go any further

Not going to disagree that iDL would be an absolute help. As everyone knows, or should know, games are won and lost in the trenches. Control them and your odds of winning greatly improve. Unfortunately for us, we've never been good at that lately. It's like we're doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results when it's a fairly simple philosophy 

• Like 1

Q&A with Hondo Carpenter had some interesting items in it:

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/the-black-hole-plus/mark-davis-josh-mcdaniels-dave-ziegler-las-vegas-raiders-patrick-graham

Hondo, can you give me one reason for hope in the long-term vision and plan for my Raiders? Jeff S.

Sure I can. Dave Ziegler and Josh McDaniels explained in great detail to Mark Davis, before they took the jobs, exactly how they planned to build this franchise to last over the long term. They have not wavered, and they have not taken shortcuts.  

To the credit of Mark Davis, he hasn't tried to deviate from that plan to placate loud and angry fans. They all are frustrated, but none of the three is deterred from the goal. They could have hurt the franchise long-term by making dumb moves at the trade deadline to make fans happy, but they didn't. They are thinking and leading long term. I understand the frustration; this isn't the first time the fans have been through this. I also respect the discipline of Ziegler, Davis, and McDaniels, and they believe in what they are doing and staying the course.

Hondo, I am a neighbor to a current Raider. Please don't use my name, but if you look at (the attachment), it will verify what I am saying as fact. I was led to believe last season; there was some frustration with Darren Waller not playing when others thought he could. Is that there this season as well? (Name Withheld)

I would say that I did hear that last season, but I didn't hear it loud enough to ascertain that the entire organization felt that way. That is why this season, when the crowd noise was clamoring for Waller to get his extension, I thought they should have let the season play out a little bit and wrote and said that his injury history was a concern and a reason to pause. I have not heard that this season, but trust me, I am listening.

Hondo, I like you. I don't understand your devotion to Josh McDaniels. Help me see it; I am depressed this year was wasted, but give me hope, brother. Help me, Hondo-wan-Kenobi; you are my only hope. LOL. T.M. in Oakland

I love the Star Wars shout-out; I had to put it in the Q/A.

Listen, Mark Davis decided to move on last year. He has chose to do that a few times.  That is on him. He craves stability. He has opened the checkbook, and he is loyal. Those are all admirable traits that fans should support. Dave Ziegler and Josh McDaniels have done what I was told by one person close to the situation, "An awesome job of transparency with Mark, keeping him in the loop, and everyone is on the same page as far as the direction of the franchise." On a side note, putting that quote from someone close to the situation in context, they added, "Had Dennis Allen communicated with Mark Davis like Dave Ziegler and Josh McDaniels do, he would probably still be the coach."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Nice to have some inside information but that first one had to be a joke.  So we are going to give this team very little flexibility over the next 3 years and then we will reevaluate is a long term plan?  Just because Mark likes it does not make it a good plan.  I wanted to like Mark and not make fun of him but to think we should trust the process with what has become an absolute failure is not a wise decision.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 8:29 AM, big_palooka said:

He usually puts out opinionated stuff, which is better than the usual vanilla raiders beat writers give us.

Would not be shocked to see us more on from Carr if we're drafting high enough. Plenty of trade value I'd imagine to the right team (colts?)

Aso wouldn't be shocked to see Adams want to move on if Carr leaves. Would be a crazy package deal, don't see it happening. But wouldn't mind getting a QbotF and another first as well to go with it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Carr is as good as gone after this season. That is rather obvious. They did a great job making sure his contract had easy outs. This is like a bad marriage. Just end it 

The problem is Adams only cake here for Carr. So, that'll be an interesting situation 

9 hours ago, NickButera said:

The problem is Adams only cake here for Carr. So, that'll be an interesting situation 

He obviously didn’t leave gb to be part of a rebuild so idk. I was getting randy moss year vibes before the season started and it hasn’t changed. Iirc we traded moss right before we drafted a new qb. 🤔