Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Used carr salesman talk

every year we’re a shi show

I thought we we’re done with that can we just have a normal year

This year has been normal. No outside drama, etc. What you want is wins. We all do. You do that by getting better talent. Pretty clear they have a 3 year plan.  

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This year has been normal. No outside drama, etc. What you want is wins. We all do. You do that by getting better talent. Pretty clear they have a 3 year plan.  

For example Ziegs talking about elumanor like he’s gonna be our starting rt for the next 5 years is interesting and borderline crazy imo but hey what do I know I’m just an average joe.

or chandler doing good at setting the edge. Seriously am I not watching the same game

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

56 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

For example Ziegs talking about elumanor like he’s gonna be our starting rt for the next 5 years is interesting and borderline crazy imo but hey what do I know I’m just an average joe.

or chandler doing good at setting the edge. Seriously am I not watching the same game

If setting the edge was all we needed then we should have just brought Ferrell out there.  Not saying that is all Jones is good for but if that is his measure and what he is being asked to do then we already had an overpriced DE that could do it on the roster for this year.  When you take snap counts into consideration you could argue Cle has been better statistically.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If setting the edge was all we needed then we should have just brought Ferrell out there.  Not saying that is all Jones is good for but if that is his measure and what he is being asked to do then we already had an overpriced DE that could do it on the roster for this year.  When you take snap counts into consideration you could argue Cle has been better statistically.

Agree plus Jones isn’t setting the edge lol 

I hope ziegs was just joking honestly 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Never would have guessed the image about TDs in the first 8 years. That's wild to me. Don't care about the competitions part and we know the defense blows and has for many years 

Note: This is not posted for any other reason rather than the TD part bc I'm really surprised by this

He’s certainly underperformed for one reason or another this year for sure and it’s been disappointing but overall he’s dealt with probably about as much cr@p in an organisation as any QB I can recall. Some of those situations he played through would have broken a lot of players IMO.

He is what he is at this stage and he’s never going to be an elite QB but I will always have a soft spot for him simply for putting up with it all and his desire to be a Raider. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

He’s certainly underperformed for one reason or another this year for sure and it’s been disappointing but overall he’s dealt with probably about as much cr@p in an organisation as any QB I can recall. Some of those situations he played through would have broken a lot of players IMO.

He is what he is at this stage and he’s never going to be an elite QB but I will always have a soft spot for him simply for putting up with it all and his desire to be a Raider. 

This.....

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Typical GM speak, not like he can admit that maybe the “guaranteed “ money was a bad idea for a 32 yr old player. Ex pat btw. SMH!! 

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

Typical GM speak, not like he can admit that maybe the “guaranteed “ money was a bad idea for a 32 yr old player. Ex pat btw. SMH!! 

IKR... Coaches like to have players that they are familiar with. But if they are not producing like they should, it's best to give other guys a chance.

18 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

IKR... Coaches like to have players that they are familiar with. But if they are not producing like they should, it's best to give other guys a chance.

When ziegs was talking about cutting leatherboy over lack of production I was thinking dam wish that applied to all positions including coaches 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

When ziegs was talking about cutting leatherboy over lack of production I was thinking dam wish that applied to all positions including coaches 

You're stretching his comments. He said:

“It’s about performance, and that’s how you make the team,” Ziegler said.

Leatherwood started games at guard as well as right tackle his rookie season but it did seem like the new regime decided it was “tackle or bust” for him at camp. Ziegler didn’t dispute that notion.

“Tackle is a difficult position and I want to see if a player can play tackle first, because of the value of the position,” Ziegler said. “It wasn’t necessarily ‘tackle or bust’ but we put him at tackle to see how that would go and at the end of the day, we felt like the group that we kept was the best group.

“We saw him play guard last year and we decided that the best group was going to stay … and he wasn’t part of that group.”