Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

At 1-4 I do not see us being in the mix to make the playoffs but I think we are going to be a team that impacts our opponents standings at the end of the year.  we will be the team nobody wants to play if they are in the playoff hunt.   can see us having 7-8 more wins but I do not think we will have more than that.

If the Raiders get hot and can win 6 of next 7, they are in the mix. Aside from Buffalo and KC, the AFC is wide open. They are only 2 back and most the AFC teams have issues.

Assuming the Ravens, Titans control their divisions. They Raiders are in a mix with the Dolphins, Jets, Chargers (3 wins). And a slew of 2 win teams. 

I'd put this team up against any team in the AFC outside Buffalo right now to win a game.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If the Raiders get hot and can win 6 of next 7, they are in the mix. Aside from Buffalo and KC, the AFC is wide open. They are only 2 back and most the AFC teams have issues.

Assuming the Ravens, Titans control their divisions. They Raiders are in a mix with the Dolphins, Jets, Chargers (3 wins). And a slew of 2 win teams. 

I'd put this team up against any team in the AFC outside Buffalo right now to win a game.

The dolphins turned a 1-7 start to an 9-8 final. If they had beaten the Titans in week 17 they would've been in the playoffs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

The dolphins turned a 1-7 start to an 9-8 final. If they had beaten the Titans in week 17 they would've been in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

understand what is possible but expecting this team to replicate what the Dolphins did is not likely.  The only thing working in our favor is our schedule looks pretty easy.  Problem with that is we generally struggle against teams we should beat.  Like I said we need to go 9-3 most likely to make the playoffs but I just do not see us doing that.  Now if Carr had a killer instinct and was the type of QB to beat up on lesser teams I would say we have a chance because if we are a playoff level team we should win the next 6 straight.

On 10/13/2022 at 9:55 AM, drfrey13 said:

understand what is possible but expecting this team to replicate what the Dolphins did is not likely.  The only thing working in our favor is our schedule looks pretty easy.  Problem with that is we generally struggle against teams we should beat.  Like I said we need to go 9-3 most likely to make the playoffs but I just do not see us doing that.  Now if Carr had a killer instinct and was the type of QB to beat up on lesser teams I would say we have a chance because if we are a playoff level team we should win the next 6 straight.

It’s funny how you put our chances of making the playoffs squarely and pretty much completely on carr and his supposed lack of killer instinct. Just an observation bro, I certainly do not want to go back and forth with ya. We have PLAYED DOWN TO OUR COMPETITION FOR A LOT LONGER THAN CARRS BEEN HERE......NEWS FLASH!!! Lol!

6 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

It’s funny how you put our chances of making the playoffs squarely and pretty much completely on carr and his supposed lack of killer instinct. Just an observation bro, I certainly do not want to go back and forth with ya. We have PLAYED DOWN TO OUR COMPETITION FOR A LOT LONGER THAN CARRS BEEN HERE......NEWS FLASH!!! Lol!

Whether we have done it or never did it before he got here it does change my mind that his lack of a killer instinct plays into us not beating teams we should.  So it has been happening for a long time therefore we should be okay with our QB adding to the problem.  I never said this is completely on Carrs shoulders either.  I said if we are a playoff caliber team, better than almost all of the teams on the remainder of the schedule, combined with a Carr that has a killer instinct we should win the next 6 straight.  The way I see it is we let 4 of the next 6 teams hang around and we get burned in 1 or 2 of them.  So we go 5-1 or 4-2.  So that means we need 4-5 wins in the last six games against the Rams, Chargers, Cheifs, 49ers, Steelers, and Patriots.  Now we can beat anyone of those teams in any given week but I think at best we end up 1 game over .500 in the final 6 games because most of these teams will be fighting for a playoff spot or playoff seeding. 

19 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

a lot of people been trashing Chandler Jones but he looked good Monday and has been doing things that don't show up on the stat sheet. The letdown has been Nichols. I was hoping he would be a steal and provide pass rush. He has been a ghost, should have just kept Jefferson. 

For me it’s waller that dude idk.

you got player sacrificing except him

carr takin hits

hobbs playing with broken bones 

maxx playing with a baby on the way

perryman fighting injuries to play

josh running through brick walls

waller like naw I’m hurt sorry guys

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

For me it’s waller that dude idk.

you got player sacrificing except him

carr takin hits

hobbs playing with broken bones 

maxx playing with a baby on the way

perryman fighting injuries to play

josh running through brick walls

waller like naw I’m hurt sorry guys

Yah, feels like he coasting. Between trying to be a rapper and going for the glamour life with his new GF Kelsey Plum. Idk man, I don’t see that dog. I kinda wished we traded him this past offseason, and that might have been the right move. 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yah, feels like he coasting. Between trying to be a rapper and going for the glamour life with his new GF Kelsey Plum. Idk man, I don’t see that dog. I kinda wished we traded him this past offseason, and that might have been the right move. 

Sad cause he’s considered a “leader” can’t win with leaders like that

I like a lot of the moves from the offseason but two moves that stand out as bad: letting Jefferson walk, and releasing Drake. So not we are paying a good player in Drake for this year and next year. Jefferson was a beast for us last year, and he is good on Seattle. Nichols has been a ghost, and Amer is a non factor. All that dead cap for releasing a good player in Drake.