Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Jmd : “we have to earn our wins”

vs

vrabel : “we have to fight for our wins”

Yeah, how does one "earn" wins? By being a respected play caller with a pedigree? Work hard and they'll come automatically because they're currently just being withheld?

I know it's nitpicky, but to me there's a stark philosophical difference in approach there. 

Looking back at the 2009 season, McDaniels looks like he has a pattern. In his losses, he's averaging less than 19 rushing attempts per game. He completely abandoned the run game. Obviously you'll have less runs in a loss because in the 4th quarter you may pass more. But it looks like he abandons the run super early in a game and never looks back. I mean there were several games with 10-14 rush attempts. I just wonder if this is a philosophy of his, or an in-game knee-jerk reaction.  Not sure how I feel about it. 5-6 RB's and a FB on the roster seems stupid though if this is how we play. 

So far we've rushed 13, 21 and 18 rush attempts per game. Seems low. We're becoming predictable. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NickButera said:

Looking back at the 2009 season, McDaniels looks like he has a pattern. In his losses, he's averaging less than 19 rushing attempts per game. He completely abandoned the run game. Obviously you'll have less runs in a loss because in the 4th quarter you may pass more. But it looks like he abandons the run super early in a game and never looks back. I mean there were several games with 10-14 rush attempts. I just wonder if this is a philosophy of his, or an in-game knee-jerk reaction.  Not sure how I feel about it. 5-6 RB's and a FB on the roster seems stupid though if this is how we play. 

So far we've rushed 13, 21 and 18 rush attempts per game. Seems low. We're becoming predictable. 

2021 - 29 attempts per game. Averaged 126 yards per game. 24 TDs

2020 - 31 per game. 147 yards. 20 TDs

I had to go back to 2015 to find their lowest total at 23 attempts per game. Even with Brady, he seemed to call a good mix of run to pass. 

Maybe he leaned to heavy on the hype surrounding the receiving weapons he has and has lost balance? Seems correctable. He seems out of sorts currently, which is odd. His strength was always his ability to adjust game to game based on opponent. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I had to go back to 2015 to find their lowest total at 23 attempts per game. Even with Brady, he seemed to call a good mix of run to pass. 

Maybe he leaned to heavy on the hype surrounding the receiving weapons he has and has lost balance? Seems correctable. He seems out of sorts currently, which is odd. His strength was always his ability to adjust game to game based on opponent. 

McDaniels play calling runs may have been due to a rookie and Cam Newton starting at QB. With Brady, he may have been calling plays the same as with Carr but Brady would check to runs to balance things out. Just a guess...

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I can see you eyeballing my tin foil hat.

31 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I think the beef is the extreme one way or the other. Also this is going off of Twitter reaction which is a cesspool only beat by Instagram and probably Facebook 

A lot of people are just extreme in one way or another when it comes to Carr. Not many can really stay unbiased when it comes to him

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I think the beef is the extreme one way or the other. Also this is going off of Twitter reaction which is a cesspool only beat by Instagram and probably Facebook 

We looked our best when we targeted adams game 1. 2 of those game 1 ints weren’t even thrown towards adams

52 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

A lot of people are just extreme in one way or another when it comes to Carr. Not many can really stay unbiased when it comes to him

My issue is not who Carr is throwing to but rather him locking in on his receivers and missing plays.  I do not care who gets the stats.  I just want the wins.

• Like 1