Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

If we go 0-5, lose to the broncos and chiefs (which is just as possible as us going 1-1 or 2-0 at this point), does McDaniels get fired? 

The closed door meeting with Davis (and no mention of Zeigler) made me think this is all to possible of an outcome, and would be a crazy precedent. I  can't remember a new coach being fired midseason, but if a coach of a playoff team, with an improved roster goes winless...... makes me think this is in our future.  

11 minutes ago, NickButera said:

If we go 0-5, lose to the broncos and chiefs (which is just as possible as us going 1-1 or 2-0 at this point), does McDaniels get fired? 

The closed door meeting with Davis (and no mention of Zeigler) made me think this is all to possible of an outcome, and would be a crazy precedent. I  can't remember a new coach being fired midseason, but if a coach of a playoff team, with an improved roster goes winless...... makes me think this is in our future.  

The more the losses pile up the coaches will lose the players. Football is a brutal game I can’t see anyone wanting to run through a wall for jmd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

It would be stupid. It sucks to lose but can’t be impatient. We aren’t getting blown out, been close games. All with a new system 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NickButera said:

Yes. 

McDaniels was brought in to build on last year. Last year, we were an 8-10 win team that looked good or even great against solid competition despite some of the worst turmoil imaginable. 

Thus far, we don't look improved. The total product on the field looks downright bad. We look like we're in the beginning stages of a total rebuild that isn't going our way, which is opposite what McDaniels was hired for. 

I think it's safe to say that Zeigler, overall, has done a pretty good job of bringing guys onto the roster. Our roster looks significantly better than last year, for sure. The problem, then, is what it's being used to do. 

The D hasn't been good. Week 1, we got into a deep hole by halftime and the offense became one dimensional out of necessity (though the lack of run game still perplexes in certain situations). In week 2, the defense fell apart at historic levels and blew a massive lead. In week 3, we again found ourselves in a deep hole and they looked awful against some very questionable competition in Tennessee. 

The offense hasn't looked any better, either. Week 1, we looked like a new system without a preseason. Timing was way off and we didn't even have a true starting lineup. In week 2, we looked better on offense, but inexplicably became one-dimensional for no reason. In week 3, our offense just looked like it no longer cared. Using Davante Adams like Laviska Shenault is astonishingly stupid, keeping 5 RBs only to use 1 only in a 3-quarter capacity and totally abandon the run game is astonishingly stupid, we run far too many trick plays, and guys just seem checked out mentally. 

These are things you expect from a rookie HC rebuilding a team, not a guy hired to build on a playoff run as a contender. 

And worse, it's not as though there's really even been glimmers or glimpses of something really clicking to move ahead with. It's one thing to lose, it's another to lose because the team looks inept.

What could we possibly take away from week 1? That if we cleaned up the turnovers, we'd look solid? Well, we've done that. 

What about week 2? That we need a 40 point lead to hold onto a win because we have a historically bad defensive outing? 

Week 3? That still can't stop bad offenses and have to be utterly perfect on offense to have a snowball's chance in hell? 

It's gone from bad to worse real quick. We go 0-5 and the defense doesn't step up, Graham is gone- or should be. We still look bad on offense, McDaniels may not have much ice left to stand on himself. It's been a worst case scenario so far, probably even worse given how spectacularly bad the overall product has looked. 

Honestly, if we're out of reasonable playoff contention by week 8 or 9, he might very well be sent packing. The expectations may have been a bit high, but so far he couldn't get over a bar set on the floor with what has been put on the field. 

Right and justified? I can't exactly say. But one has to imagine Mark knew he was taking a gamble with McDaniels over the preference of the players, fans, and media. If he came in and won, it was a good gamble. It hasn't been. And I think Mark would absolutely pull the plug given McDaniels doesn't even have a past to justify the benefit of the doubt, if only just to avoid a mutiny amongst the players causing an endless amount of sunk costs. 

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The more the losses pile up the coaches will lose the players. Football is a brutal game I can’t see anyone wanting to run through a wall for jmd. 

0-10 Lions would've run through 3 walls for Dan Campbell. 

0-3 Raiders don't look like they even want to try to open the door on the wall for McDaniels.