Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Sometimes it better to move on then force a player to be here cause of draft status and money. It just hasn’t worked. They haven’t even tried him at guard so that tells me everything right there. They move everyone else around on the OL but it’s been Leatherwood at RT and only RT from the get go. 

Great breakdown with Ted at Mitchell Shwartz. For those without the Athletic:

Physically and athletically has it all. Issues all technical. Talked about his hands starting low, which is fine to punch up, but he keeps them low on his punch and the straight arm that allows defenders to chop/swipe the arm. Not enough power in his punch. The problems with his punch were evident in college. Hasn't been able to correct them yet in the pros. Looking for the lightbulb to click with him. 

“I’m sure there’s some timing thing with feet, hands and whatever, but he’s not forcing his body into good position when he does use his hands,” Schwartz said. “You can think of it as like shoulders more under the hips, or the hips unlocking a little bit like a power clean. He never really does any of that and gets actual power, strength and leverage working up. It’s all parallel to the ground with his arms, or lower. ”

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Great breakdown with Ted at Mitchell Shwartz. For those without the Athletic:

Physically and athletically has it all. Issues all technical. Talked about his hands starting low, which is fine to punch up, but he keeps them low on his punch and the straight arm that allows defenders to chop/swipe the arm. Not enough power in his punch. The problems with his punch were evident in college. Hasn't been able to correct them yet in the pros. Looking for the lightbulb to click with him. 

Yeah most thought he was a developmental player. 2nd or 3rd rd player. Not a day one starter in the first rd. Gruden cable and mayock just think they smarter than everybody else.

with LW he has the tools like many on this board has said, so to give up on him now would be a bit premature imo. Unless, his confidence is shot and they dont think they can salvage that. Then, a change of scenery would do him some good. Hard to imagine us getting anything in return for him. 

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

with LW he has the tools like many on this board has said, so to give up on him now would be a bit premature imo. Unless, his confidence is shot and they dont think they can salvage that. Then, a change of scenery would do him some good. Hard to imagine us getting anything in return for him. 

I do not think he is doomed but he needs work and should not have been a round 1 selection.  I do not want to cut him but would pull the trigger if there is decent value in a trade offer.  His salary is guaranteed and I find it hard to believe he does not have the talent or potential that deserves a roster spot.  I would like to see him tried on the left side before I give up on him.

• Like 1