Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He’s works for Arkansas razorbacks now?

I think he was just visiting. 

That said, with the recent cuts and everything else, I don't see how anyone gives him a shot again- even if we ignore the email stuff. 

His days of coaching and building a roster are clearly in the past. 

52 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

That said, with the recent cuts and everything else, I don't see how anyone gives him a shot again- even if we ignore the email stuff. 

Lol Um yea him Mike Olsen Gunther the 4 stooges 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's a little salt in the wound.  At least he will look like a DB now.  First pre-season game I watched my first reaction was that LBer looks pretty good in coverage.

Edited by drfrey13

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The Raiders really need him to be good.

We spent all this money on a 3 year window, max out the cap (if we extend Waller) for 2022 and 2023, Traded away early picks to risk it on a poorly put together o-line.  If we are relying on a 7th round RT I do not like how this was put together.  Munford could end up being a HOF player and I would still not like the mind set of the FO and McDaniels.  I would rather have a good loss then a bad win.  We would be relying on luck instead of logical thought-out preparation.

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

He should never have control of drafting.  He has shown an inability to build a roster his entre career.  Only thing he could do with personnel is coach up what someone else built.  I said it when we first hired him that I wanted him no where near the draft room.   I was happy when we first hired him because I was nostalgic but after thinking about it and seeing his first couple moves the honeymoon was already over for me.  Did not even get to the first game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

He should never have control of drafting.  He has shown an inability to build a roster his entre career.  Only thing he could do with personnel is coach up what someone else built.  I said it when we first hired him that I wanted him no where near the draft room.   I was happy when we first hired him because I was nostalgic but after thinking about it and seeing his first couple moves the honeymoon was already over for me.  Did not even get to the first game.

Agreed. 

In his SLIGHT defense, I think he understands X's and O's and could be successful IF someone competent built the roster. 

For example, had he gone to Dallas instead of McCarthy, I think he finds some success. I don't think his system is fundamentally broken, he just doesn't know how to evaluate talent or check his own ego to save his life. 

• Like 2