Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

To be fair, no way Brady wins a ring with Gruden as coach and the shambles of an organisation we had here. He won the Super Bowl in part because he was throwing to an elite WR unit and the Bucks already had the makings of one of the most talented rosters in place. Obviously, Brady has shown to be the best possibly ever (at QB) but it would have been a totally different ball game here 😁😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

To be fair, no way Brady wins a ring with Gruden as coach and the shambles of an organisation we had here. He won the Super Bowl in part because he was throwing to an elite WR unit and the Bucks already had the makings of one of the most talented rosters in place. Obviously, Brady has shown to be the best possibly ever (at QB) but it would have been a totally different ball game here 😁😁

Not saying he wins the SB but Brady would have elevated this team and brought in FAs.  The AB incident does not go down the same way and no way Brady green lights bad play calling like the last play against the Bengals in the playoffs.  Not saying I wanted AB but Brady probably changes some of the interactions.  The only bad part is Carlson is not a pro bowl kicker.  TB kicked 12 less FGs than us last year and attempted 26 more extra points.

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Not saying he wins the SB but Brady would have elevated this team and brought in FAs.  The AB incident does not go down the same way and no way Brady green lights bad play calling like the last play against the Bengals in the playoffs.  Not saying I wanted AB but Brady probably changes some of the interactions.  The only bad part is Carlson is not a pro bowl kicker.  TB kicked 12 less FGs than us last year and attempted 26 more extra points.

Doubt it Brady would have been paid 20 million more then Carr, so no to FAs. Reggie ****ed

this team with the amount the Raiders were paying the O-line.

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

AB scenario was when Brady was still in NE, wrong timeframe. 

24 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

AB scenario was when Brady was still in NE, wrong timeframe. 

Point being he would have had an impact on FAs and how they acted while here. Trent Brown is an example of someone he might have motivated to be better prepared although he would not have been able to change the medical issue with TB.  

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Doubt it Brady would have been paid 20 million more then Carr, so no to FAs. Reggie ****ed

this team with the amount the Raiders were paying the O-line.

Would have been paid $20 million more and thrown for 20 more TDs just last year.  I could be wrong but it looks like the money Brady has received and will receive from the Bucs is $81 million for 3 years worth of play.  Over the same period Carr is going to get $63 million.  So it is actually $6 million per year difference.  I would pay $6 million just to have Brady in for the last offensive play of the Bengals playoff game.  That is Brady's value.  He will make the right choice to win you games 2-3 times more often then Carr.  He knows that final play call has a very small chance to work and gets you in a play with a much better chance.  Even back in his NE days when he had a horrible surrounding cast he still figured out ways to win. He has and will do more with what he has then Carr.  Carr is not a bad QB but like I have said over and over again he is just not good enough.  Hope he proves me wrong but it has been 5 seasons since the last time he looked good enough.

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Point being he would have had an impact on FAs and how they acted while here. Trent Brown is an example of someone he might have motivated to be better prepared although he would not have been able to change the medical issue with TB.  

Would have been paid $20 million more and thrown for 20 more TDs just last year.  I could be wrong but it looks like the money Brady has received and will receive from the Bucs is $81 million for 3 years worth of play.  Over the same period Carr is going to get $63 million.  So it is actually $6 million per year difference.  I would pay $6 million just to have Brady in for the last offensive play of the Bengals playoff game.  That is Brady's value.  He will make the right choice to win you games 2-3 times more often then Carr.  He knows that final play call has a very small chance to work and gets you in a play with a much better chance.  Even back in his NE days when he had a horrible surrounding cast he still figured out ways to win. He has and will do more with what he has then Carr.  Carr is not a bad QB but like I have said over and over again he is just not good enough.  Hope he proves me wrong but it has been 5 seasons since the last time he looked good enough.

No one is say that Brady is not better. If Brady played for the Raiders he probably would have retired after 1-2 years, with nothing to show for it.

I really doubt he could of won the AFC West.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

No one is say that Brady is not better. If Brady played for the Raiders he probably would have retired after 1-2 years, with nothing to show for it.

I really doubt he could of won the AFC West.

We ill have to agree to disagree.  Chances are he does not win a SB because so many things have to go your way but we have a much better shot with him.  We have nothing to show with Carr also so nothing gained or lost.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

The AB incident was 2019, so that would have been over and done with.

The Brady would have brought in FA's argument is redundant. What FA's did he bring to Tampa?

They had a talented roster, bolstered the defense with some vets (JPP and Barrett) both signed before Brady and Suh days after. Already had a talented group and a top DC leading them.

The pieces were there in Tampa.Evans and Godwin had them set at WR.  Wirfs was drafted, they hit a home run in protection to a vet group. And had Arians, one of the leagues tops HCs leading them.

Nothing in Vegas points to Brady having success. Bad roster. Terrible coaches. It would have been a disaster. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Lol ok you are right, Tom Brady made AB a perfect team mate in Tampa.. Tom Brady can do everything. 

ab on raiders - insane

ab with tom Brady in Tampa - takes off equipment and makes a scene leaving the field.

see look at what Tom does to players 

lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Lol ok you are right, Tom Brady made AB a perfect team mate in Tampa.. Tom Brady can do everything. 

ab on raiders - insane

ab with tom Brady in Tampa - takes off equipment and makes a scene leaving the field.

see look at what Tom does to players 

lol

Nobody said he would be a model citizen or that he was not a ticking time bomb but he actually wanted to play with TB for a little while.  I did not want AB no matter what.

AB on Raiders - Quit and was insane without ever playing

AB on Tampa Bay - Actually played 15 games with 1028 yards and 8 TDs before going crazy because of the coach.  

AB does not change that Tom Brady is a very different QB to play with then Carr.  If you were a player and had to pick between playing for a team led by Carr or a team led by Brady, assuming all other factors are equal, who do you play with and who do you believe the majority of players around the league choose?

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The AB incident was 2019, so that would have been over and done with.

The Brady would have brought in FA's argument is redundant. What FA's did he bring to Tampa?

They had a talented roster, bolstered the defense with some vets (JPP and Barrett) both signed before Brady and Suh days after. Already had a talented group and a top DC leading them.

The pieces were there in Tampa.Evans and Godwin had them set at WR.  Wirfs was drafted, they hit a home run in protection to a vet group. And had Arians, one of the leagues tops HCs leading them.

Nothing in Vegas points to Brady having success. Bad roster. Terrible coaches. It would have been a disaster. 

I can not say who came because of Brady and most of the young guys are looking for financial stability but there are players chasing a ring and they will choose places like TB.  You can not say it is not Brady because there are only a few QBs you can put on that roster and they are still SB contenders.  I am not going to say TB did not have a good defense but they are not sniffing the SB without Brady.  In fact they did not make the playoffs in 2019.  Now here is the Brady vs Carr argument.  If Brady would have been a disaster the last 2 years why was Carr 18-15, 8900 yards, 50. TDs, 23 picks, and 1 play away from going to OT or going for 2 and the win with the Bengals in the playoffs last year.  How much better of a QB is Brady over Carr?  If you do not think the GOAT can make up the difference then maybe Adam's quote of going from a HOF to HOF is not that laughable.  My argument this entire time is that Carr is a good QB but not good enough to make us a SB contender.  I believe that Brady is that much better than Carr to give us a shot at the SB or at least a few playoff wins.