Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

aha yup, my bad quoted the wrong person! 
meant to quote argacias, I agree with Russell to an extent that the organization did him no favors. but he flat out quit on the team. 
I bet in the right organization, Russell maybe has somewhat of a career, I dont think he wouldve ever lived up to 1st pick hype, but the raiders and him were just a bad match. And he just quit. very early on, on his career. 

If he didnt get paid big already, i doubt he does that. 

He knew what he was doing. He was addicted to drugs, out of shape and lazy but hey its the Raiders fault. With all the teams that need a QB in the NFL no one gave the number 1 overall pick a chance that speaks volumes.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I posted a link about this a while ago but thanks for the video man 👍🏼
Vann McElroy is the most gloriously underrated Raider from those glory days, guy put his body on the line every snap and was a great ball hawk too. Lovely, heartwarming story. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd trade a 1st for Jessie Bates, but then I wouldn't because how do you pay him? 🤣

That's a tough one for me. Bates is a high-end player and only 25. But he is a Safety, a position I don't think is as "important" as say QB, pass-rusher, T, CB, etc.

First rounders are definitely over valued, especially to us fans, but not having 1sts in back-to-back drafts would hurt imo.

Edit: Not to mention the top money we'd have to shell out for him. Monster deals to Adams, Carr, Crosby, soon to be Waller, etc makes it tough to pay elite money to another position.

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 12:41 AM, Humble_Beast said:

really hoping we sign 2 vets tomorrow with the start of camp 

OG: Erek Flowers 

DL: Suh or Carlos Dunlap 

3 open roster spots now 

Would Dunlap fit in our scheme? Has he played 3-4 DE before? Thought he was an edge for Bengals/Seahawks? 

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

take care of Waller, ship out Perryman for a mid round pick. Sign another vet for cheap depth 

Be interesting to see if the new staff value Perryman and reward him with a new contract.