Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Gruden was so dumb.

100%. 

I'm not gonna throw a lot of blame on any single player or position group for our red zone woes the last couple of years. 

I've genuinely had a hard time thinking of a team that looked as good as we did between the 20's only to look that bad in the RZ. Our players have their flaws, as all do, but they can clearly play 20 yard ball as we were very much a short-intermediate offense moving the chains. The RZ had to be on the play calling. It was just too erratic in design to be put on the shoulders of the players. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

100%. 

I'm not gonna throw a lot of blame on any single player or position group for our red zone woes the last couple of years. 

I've genuinely had a hard time thinking of a team that looked as good as we did between the 20's only to look that bad in the RZ. Our players have their flaws, as all do, but they can clearly play 20 yard ball as we were very much a short-intermediate offense moving the chains. The RZ had to be on the play calling. It was just too erratic in design to be put on the shoulders of the players. 

I say it was the coaches but also some of the blame goes to the players.  They could not run the offense and where not able to produce if plays broke down.  If you got 3 chances to run the ball in short yardage and you can not that is on the players.  I understand mixing it up and good play calling can increase your chances a lot of the time guys just could not defeat their man.  We do not have an o-lineman that can look at Jacobs and tell him to just follow him, a WR that says just put up there and I will get it, a big TE that can seal off a defender, or a QB that extends the play and improvises.  So the players can complain about Gruden , there is some truth to it, but in the end they need to look at themselves and figure out how they can improve in the redzone.  In between the 20's most teams have to decide what they are going to try and take away.  In the redzone you have to be able to beat the man across from you and force your will upon him.

On 8/12/2022 at 7:48 AM, ronjon1990 said:

100%. 

Our RZ woes are due to multiple factors.  Gruden's playacting is certainly one of them but I attribute our RZ woes to not having a proper roster constructed, especially at the WR position, to have RZ success.  That also falls on Gruden, Mayock, RM, JDR and the rest of our terrible coaching staffs.  

Look at our RZ weapons over the last few years.  We've had one legit weapon in Waller.  He's big, physical and has a large catch radius.  The problem with that is D coordinators knew Waller was our only RZ threat and that no other player on our roster could consistently win one on one jump balls so the focus in was to shut him down.  

Our run game was quite one dimensional in the RZ and we never had a legit receiving threat out of the backfield.  

I have a feeling we will be much more creative in the RZ this year.  A lot will have to do with the addition of Adams who is clearly a massive threat all over the field.  He will get his but if he is doubled, Carr will often look at Waller or Renfrow to keep D's guessing.  We finally have legitimate receiving weapons who are in their proper RZ order thanks to Adams. 

Not allowing the D to key in on one player is huge for our RZ success and will open up the run game close to the goal line as well.  I cannot stress how important a WR like Adams is in todays NFL and why I have been pounding the table for an elite X for 20 years.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

On 8/12/2022 at 5:02 AM, Devilshark69 said:

Dude is truly delusional, truly. The fact he got away with calling mayock a cracker is BS, what a double standard we have now in this country. SMH!

Dude it’s ab and you should know society picks and chooses who they allow to speak this way. It’s the same on both sides.