Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Easier said than done. If the team is middle of the pack as the look on paper, then you're not in reach to draft the top QBs.

As of right now, it seems like the 2025 Draft isn't shaping up to be a repeat of 2024 in regards to 6 QBs going in the Top 12. We might be able to get someone like Riley Leonard in the 2nd Round.

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

We don’t have many holes and a balance roster, next year would be the year to trade up for a QB. Raiders Would have to move smart in free agency to improve the team due to lack of picks, but we would have plenty of cap space for 5 years with a rookie scale QB. 

Trading up sounds easy, but rarely is as we saw this year. Trying to move from 12-15 to top 1-3 pick for the top QB is really hard and the cost is heavy. 

There will be several team vying for QBs in 2025 who are in worse shape that the Raiders. 

1 minute ago, RaidersForever said:

As of right now, it seems like the 2025 Draft isn't shaping up to be a repeat of 2024 in regards to 6 QBs going in the Top 12. We might be able to get someone like Riley Leonard in the 2nd Round.

Probably not, but you never know. I don't think anyone sitting here this time last year thought 6 QB would go top 12 in 2024. 

And honestly, if a QB is falling to round 2, he's probably not the franchise guy you are looking for. The franchise guys are usually at the top. Settling for round 2 either means they are developmental, limited or both.

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Probably not, but you never know. I don't think anyone sitting here this time last year thought 6 QB would go top 12 in 2024. 

And honestly, if a QB is falling to round 2, he's probably not the franchise guy you are looking for. The franchise guys are usually at the top. Settling for round 2 either means they are developmental, limited or both.

In a good class, I usually automatically assume the top 3 will go top 10-12 (usually 2 at the top and a 3rd straggler)stragglers. 6 is nuts. 

As for the 2025 class, I wouldn't be shocked at a similar situation as this year. We'll probably have ~3 guys accepted as 1st rounders early on and another 2 or 3 by the end of the year/during the lead up to the draft.

6 in the top 12 is probably out of reach, but 6 in round 1, I can see. Because of that, I gotta agree on the 2nd round thing in most cases. Obviously someone with a warranted 1st round grade may fall through the cracks because of other positions, but most times QBs with round 1 grades are going to go round 1. Either way, barring something brilliant falling into your laps,take a QB round 1 if you need a QB. Aiming for round 2 is a gamble. 

• Like 1

Just watched this:

Can be a bit hard to hear at times as he's mumbling a lot, but man, what a humble and grounded guy. Really made me like him even more...........softly spoken and humble but a real wolverine on the field, one of my favourite Raiders I think. These are the guys we need out there!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Just watched this:

Can be a bit hard to hear at times as he's mumbling a lot, but man, what a humble and grounded guy. Really made me like him even more...........softly spoken and humble but a real wolverine on the field, one of my favourite Raiders I think. These are the guys we need out there!

Guys like Hobbs and Jones should be priorities.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2024 at 6:37 AM, ronjon1990 said:

In a good class, I usually automatically assume the top 3 will go top 10-12 (usually 2 at the top and a 3rd straggler)stragglers. 6 is nuts. 

As for the 2025 class, I wouldn't be shocked at a similar situation as this year. We'll probably have ~3 guys accepted as 1st rounders early on and another 2 or 3 by the end of the year/during the lead up to the draft.

6 in the top 12 is probably out of reach, but 6 in round 1, I can see. Because of that, I gotta agree on the 2nd round thing in most cases. Obviously someone with a warranted 1st round grade may fall through the cracks because of other positions, but most times QBs with round 1 grades are going to go round 1. Either way, barring something brilliant falling into your laps,take a QB round 1 if you need a QB. Aiming for round 2 is a gamble. 

who you think will be in market for QB---

Dolphins - maybe if they don't sign Tua to a long term deal 

Jets- Rodgers in his 40s 

Browns- I think Watson sucks. Could be next year Russell Wilson

Steelers - Russ might be a stop gap 

Dallas- Dak in the same spot as Tua. Still hasn't got his new deal 

Giants- Daniel Jones make or break year 

Rams- Stafford is getting older 

Seahawks- Geno might get replaced 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

who you think will be in market for QB---

Dolphins - maybe if they don't sign Tua to a long term deal 

Jets- Rodgers in his 40s 

Browns- I think Watson sucks. Could be next year Russell Wilson

Steelers - Russ might be a stop gap 

Dallas- Dak in the same spot as Tua. Still hasn't got his new deal 

Giants- Daniel Jones make or break year 

Rams- Stafford is getting older 

Seahawks- Geno might get replaced 

Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks, Browns, Jets*, Dolphins*. 

From those, I'm guessing Kyler and Tua are on the market- which I hope we avoid like the plague. 

The Rams need a QBOTF. 

The Cardinals need to move on from Murray. 

The Seahawks need a QBOTF. 

The Browns need someone to take over once they're able to realistically bench or cut Watson. 

The Jets are 50/50 for me. I think Jordan Travis would've gone much higher had he not been hurt. They may give him some time before rolling the dice again. 

Miami might work a deal with Tua. 

A few teams might dip into the FA market to improve their lot like the Giants or Steelers, but I'm hesitant to say they'll go QB in the draft. 

Carolina may throw the towel in on their Jr High QB, but they're a team I could see chasing a FA commodity instead of drafting early again. 

Dallas and New Orleans are dark horse QB candidates even if they keep their current QB situations due to age. 

I think it will ultimately be a genuine competition between about 4 or so teams for whoever the top 5 QBs in the draft are. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks, Browns, Jets*, Dolphins*. 

From those, I'm guessing Kyler and Tua are on the market- which I hope we avoid like the plague. 

The Rams need a QBOTF. 

The Cardinals need to move on from Murray. 

The Seahawks need a QBOTF. 

The Browns need someone to take over once they're able to realistically bench or cut Watson. 

The Jets are 50/50 for me. I think Jordan Travis would've gone much higher had he not been hurt. They may give him some time before rolling the dice again. 

Miami might work a deal with Tua. 

A few teams might dip into the FA market to improve their lot like the Giants or Steelers, but I'm hesitant to say they'll go QB in the draft. 

Carolina may throw the towel in on their Jr High QB, but they're a team I could see chasing a FA commodity instead of drafting early again. 

Dallas and New Orleans are dark horse QB candidates even if they keep their current QB situations due to age. 

I think it will ultimately be a genuine competition between about 4 or so teams for whoever the top 5 QBs in the draft are. 

I think Kyler is going have a bounce back year with MHJ. I would go after him if he became a free agent. Bryce had a horrible 1st year, but I think he will get 3 strikes. I expect him to be a lot better with improvements on the OL, WR1, and coaching staff.. I forgot Jordan Travis was drafted by the Jets. I really like the Jets offseason. 

19 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Just watched this:

Was just about to say I thoroughly enjoyed watching maxx talk to aoc and Hobbs. Great people great convos

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Kyler is going have a bounce back year with MHJ. I would go after him if he became a free agent. Bryce had a horrible 1st year, but I think he will get 3 strikes. I expect him to be a lot better with improvements on the OL, WR1, and coaching staff.. I forgot Jordan Travis was drafted by the Jets. I really like the Jets offseason. 

That implies Kyler has actually been good.......

• Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 6:06 AM, big_palooka said:

Half of them are going to bust.  It's just a law of averages.  There is no way all six of them become top 15 QBs in the NFL.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Half of them are going to bust.  It's just a law of averages.  There is no way all six of them become top 15 QBs in the NFL.

True. I like Maye, but he drew a terrible straw going to NE. Penix is obvious to me. Never bought his hype. I liked Nix, but hope he busts now because I hate the Broncos. Still don't buy Daniels, thought fantasy stats will make people think he's something. And Williams is 50/50. McCarthy will boom. Best combination of skill and location. Couldn't have landed in a better spot. 

• Like 3