Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Agreed but that’s what made it work. It was super unsettling lmao

I went with friends randomly after dinner. I had no idea what the movie was going to be about, just a Nicholas Cage movie. I actually thought his part ruined the movie. I think the movie had potential, but his character wasn't scary at all. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I went with friends randomly after dinner. I had no idea what the movie was going to be about, just a Nicholas Cage movie. I actually thought his part ruined the movie. I think the movie had potential, but his character wasn't scary at all. 

I did that once for the movie “Tusk” w/Justin Long. I was so appalled by how cringe it was I walked out lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Justwinning said:

I did that once for the movie “Tusk” w/Justin Long. I was so appalled by how cringe it was I walked out lol 

Had a young woman say lets go to a movie and I never heard of if before...It was the Crying Game. lol 

Only movie I've walked out on was the Royal Tennabaums. I just don't get some types of humor. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G said:

Had a young woman say lets go to a movie and I never heard of if before...It was the Crying Game. lol 

Only movie I've walked out on was the Royal Tennabaums. I just don't get some types of humor. 

I'm too cheap to walk out. I would probably close my eyes or something. I started getting back into watching movies on the big screen again. I can't wait to see the Crow. It will prolly suck but reminds me of my childhood lol 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, G said:

Walked out of the Star Wars movie with the Mary Sue character, I’m too old and grumpy for all that virtue signalling nonsense. To me there’s just 3 Star Wars movies, the ones that I grew up with 😁

• Like 3

On 8/19/2024 at 9:29 AM, Darbsk said:

Walked out of the Star Wars movie with the Mary Sue character, I’m too old and grumpy for all that virtue signalling nonsense. To me there’s just 3 Star Wars movies, the ones that I grew up with 😁

I walked out of Super Troopers in theater. 

Years later I became a cop and I couldn't stop watching it. 

😂

• Like 2

On 8/19/2024 at 9:29 AM, Darbsk said:

I agree with the exception of Episode 3.  3-6 for me.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2024 at 12:29 PM, Darbsk said:

I'd throw Rogue One in there.  Probably the best Star Wars movie since Jedi.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2024 at 7:28 PM, G said:

I think that movie sucks. i’m with you I don’t get it

• Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 11:17 PM, drfrey13 said:

I agree with the exception of Episode 3.  3-6 for me.

Throw in the battle at the end of 1. Darth Maul was awesome. Opening stuff was good til Naboo. Then it all goes downhill til fight with Maul and Williams music...

Edited by G

13 hours ago, G said:

Throw in the battle at the end of 1. Darth Maul was awesome. Opening stuff was good til Naboo. Then it all goes downhill til fight with Maul and Williams music...

The fight with Maul and Liam were the best parts.  Although I think Maul beating Qui-Gon should not have happened that way.  The story I wanted to see was Plagueis and Qui-Gon.  You could show Qui-Gon as the top Jedi that he was. Then introduce Anakin in the last part of episode 1.  That compresses episodes 1, 2, and 3 into 2 movies while getting rid of a bunch of unneeded fluff.  Qui-Gon could then be defeated by Maul in some trap with the help of Sidious.  I am not a good story teller but I like that set up much more.

• Like 1

The Star Wars prequels for me suffered a lot because they were a blatant money grab, it’s like they were designed specifically to market merchandise to young kids, and the stories suffered whereas the older films were great films that happened to have merchandise afterwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

The Star Wars prequels for me suffered a lot because they were a blatant money grab, it’s like they were designed specifically to market merchandise to young kids, and the stories suffered whereas the older films were great films that happened to have merchandise afterwards.

If Lucas would just have hired a halfway-decent scriptwriter, the prequels would have been MUCH better.

• Like 2