Bears Vs 49ers GDT Sunday Dec 23 3:00 CST

WindyCity

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Another good game from Mitch. Started out rough but he eventually figured it out. 

If he can play like he has these past two weeks and we can avoid anymore key injuries on defense, we have a legit shot to beat anyone in the playoffs. 

Feel like the playcalling for Mitch has been massively scaled back since the Rams game but I do agree - he did everything asked of him today (apart from that weird Cohen fumble), today was a positive performance, good to stack two together - and to have one on the road.

At home especially we're a tough out for anyone.

4 minutes ago, RJ_11 said:

Feel like the playcalling for Mitch has been massively scaled back since the Rams game but I do agree - he did everything asked of him today (apart from that weird Cohen fumble), today was a positive performance, good to stack two together - and to have one on the road.

At home especially we're a tough out for anyone.

This crowd has been loud all season. With how hyped up this fan base is right now....nobody wants to see us at home. Soldier field is going to be rumbling ALL game.

I hope to god the 49ers pull off the upset next week and we take of business. 

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

This crowd has been loud all season. With how hyped up this fan base is right now....nobody wants to see us at home. Soldier field is going to be rumbling ALL game.

Yeah man exactly, as soon as we beat the Rams at home you could feel it. Soldier Field has been so pumped up for big games this season so you know it will be that and more come the playoffs. With the way it's going too it's looking very possible we could play the Rams again this season, if the Niners can do it next week then it'd be huge having that game in Chicago instead of LA.

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Bears play Seattle if: the Bears beat the Vikings and Seattle beats Arizona

Bears play Minnesota if: the Bears lose to the Vikings

Bears play Philadelphia if: the Bears beat the Vikings, the Eagles beat the Redskins and the Seahawks beat Arizona

Do I have that right?

I think Seattle would have to lose two games for the Bears to play them. 

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

So if Seattle finishes 1-1, Philly finishes 2-0 and MIN finishes 2-0, the Bears play Minnesota?

Seattle is in the 5th seed by 1.5 games.  They have to lose out and minny has to beat the Bears for the Bears to play Seattle.  Bears can not finish worse than the #3 seed so they will play the 6 if they dont get the bye.  

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Best move Bellamy could make would be getting Sherman ejected

I called him useless last year, but he is showing a ton of versatility.

Decent #5 receiving option, plus special teams player, ejection-bait for opposing team's best CB.

Dude got a hat-trick  lol

A lot to wish for in this game, especially in the first half, but I like how Tru adjusted and made the smart pass all through the second half. Didn't get baited. He played the "Brady game" today. Mostly took a lot of short throws but due to a high completion percentage he had 8.5 YPA.

Run game was pretty up and down, they swarmed Cohen really well so he couldn't get into space, and he only got 7 touches on offense today. Kudos to SF's defense, especially to whoever punched the ball out of Robinson's hand. Heady play. 

Robinson shows he is really talented, but I wish he would have just made the catch and slid. Be smart out there, though I was shocked to see a pass to begin with. Maybe that was Nagy's "dialing it up" attempt late.

Miller has so much potential, but dammit use your head. At least he didn't get ejected next week and risk missing the first playoff game.

Defense was filthy, compltely shut their run game down, made them one dimensional in a single possession game. That's awesome. 

I especially love how Smith can be shifty while turning up the speed, got a huge sack for us. That is just natural athleticism.

Kind of surprised how often we were in base, even when Juszczyk was out and they were 3 wide. Obviously worked, so great job Vic and Co.

Hope Parky has the misses out of his system. If he does well in the big games I will be content enough. I miss Gould, though I don't believe cutting him was the wrong choice, not addressing it earlier or after the season was. He even credits them for him going back and looking at what to do to improve back to his usual self (footwork or approach, I can't remember). He'll always be a Bear to me, good to see him doing so well. 

Guys the Bears are 11-5, own the NFC North crown, and has a hell of a solid locker room. Things are good.

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I called him useless last year, but he is showing a ton of versatility.

Decent #5 receiving option, plus special teams player, ejection-bait for opposing team's best CB.

Dude got a hat-trick  lol

A lot to wish for in this game, especially in the first half, but I like how Tru adjusted and made the smart pass all through the second half. Didn't get baited. He played the "Brady game" today. Mostly took a lot of short throws but due to a high completion percentage he had 8.5 YPA.

Run game was pretty up and down, they swarmed Cohen really well so he couldn't get into space, and he only got 7 touches on offense today. Kudos to SF's defense, especially to whoever punched the ball out of Robinson's hand. Heady play. 

Robinson shows he is really talented, but I wish he would have just made the catch and slid. Be smart out there, though I was shocked to see a pass to begin with. Maybe that was Nagy's "dialing it up" attempt late.

Miller has so much potential, but dammit use your head. At least he didn't get ejected next week and risk missing the first playoff game.

Defense was filthy, compltely shut their run game down, made them one dimensional in a single possession game. That's awesome. 

I especially love how Smith can be shifty while turning up the speed, got a huge sack for us. That is just natural athleticism.

Kind of surprised how often we were in base, even when Juszczyk was out and they were 3 wide. Obviously worked, so great job Vic and Co.

Hope Parky has the misses out of his system. If he does well in the big games I will be content enough. I miss Gould, though I don't believe cutting him was the wrong choice, not addressing it earlier or after the season was. He even credits them for him going back and looking at what to do to improve back to his usual self (footwork or approach, I can't remember). He'll always be a Bear to me, good to see him doing so well. 

Guys the Bears are 11-5, own the NFC North crown, and has a hell of a solid locker room. Things are good.

Agree with everything.

Except the Bears are 11-4, not 11-5.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No chance. Our defense can hang with offenses like Seattle, Chicago and Denver, but the Rams will beat us good. 

1 hour ago, dafreak said:

Not a great game by the Bears, but a game we won and one in which we maybe do not win is past years. Hats off to San Fran, I thought their game plan on both sides of the ball were really good today. 

Maybe not a great game, but really no shame in this type of performance either. We have been playing solid ball on both ends during this home stand and the youngsters are finally starting to show their abilities. I remember during 2011-13 when we were dominant and would have these types of performances late in the season. Most important thing is getting a win regardless of how ugly the game is or not. The defense played very well and the offense made enough plays to win. Trubisky has to make better decisions as he got bailed out on the INT with the defensive holding call and then made a stupid decision throwing it behind to I believe Cohen that resulted in a fumble. If he protects the ball, it doesn't matter who you guys play, the game will be w/in reach right til the end. Really looking forward to the run you guys make in the playoffs. Definitely a lot of similarities to those 49ers team with Fangio leading the defensive charge. Good luck!

Archived