OROY

pnies20

Barkley is having the better statistical season, but that’s not much of a surprise considering the position (hell a rookie led the league in rushing last season and he was a day 2 pick), but Baker has completely changed a franchise.

That said, paired with a competent coach, Baker is playing QB at an elite level. Since Freddie/Greggggg took over they have the 4th highest offensive DVOA in the league and Baker has the second best passing DVOA behind only Mahomes.  

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2018/week-15-dvoa-ratings

Now that info was from before Sunday, but I’m guessing a day with where he completes 73% of his passes and throws 3 TD’s with no picks won’t hurt him much.

Let's not over analyze.  Barkley is currently 7th all time in rookie yards from scrimmage.  If he gets 50 yards this week, he'll finish 4rth all time. With approximately 100 yards, he'll finish 3rd all time behind only Eric Dickerson and Edgerin James.

A quarterback averaging 260 passing yards per game in 2018 is not impressive.  Mayfield's numbers are only marginally better than Eli's, and everyone is sticking a fork in him.  I know it's exciting when the Browns win more than a couple games in a season, but let's not get carried away. Come on now.

46 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Let's not over analyze.  Barkley is currently 7th all time in rookie yards from scrimmage.  If he gets 50 yards this week, he'll finish 4rth all time. With approximately 100 yards, he'll finish 3rd all time behind only Eric Dickerson and Edgerin James.

A quarterback averaging 260 passing yards per game in 2018 is not impressive.  Mayfield's numbers are only marginally better than Eli's, and everyone is sticking a fork in him.  I know it's exciting when the Browns win more than a couple games in a season, but let's not get carried away. Come on now.

Sorry baker took a team that won 0 games to 7 wins

how many of those yards did Barkley get after they were down buy 20

and playing a prevent defense while mayfield has had halves where he has not even thrown a pass besides New Orleans people are putting there he back up against barkley

and everybody seems to think Lindsey does not get his due because he does not play in a media center.l

i already gave 4backs that I thought were better than Barkley there is no shame in being the 5the best back in the nfl

5 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Sorry baker took a team that won 0 games to 7 wins

how many of those yards did Barkley get after they were down buy 20

and playing a prevent defense while mayfield has had halves where he has not even thrown a pass besides New Orleans people are putting there he back up against barkley

and everybody seems to think Lindsey does not get his due because he does not play in a media center.l

i already gave 4backs that I thought were better than Barkley there is no shame in being the 5the best back in the nfl

This was difficult to read and now by brain hurts.  Thanks a lot

Question how come nobody in Denver supports you

question how come nobody in New Orleans supports you

question why don’t you guy make your argument over on Pittsburgh board

question why don’t you take your argument to Dallas board where they have a running back that actually wins them games

5 hours ago, Gmen said:

You’re talking about averages? If we’re talking about averages Chubb beats Barkley for OROY too. Barkley routinely has 7-10 catches for 50 yards a game.... yawn. He’s got two games this year that are the sole reason he’s even still being talked about: redskins and eagles (27 carries for 300 yards). Outside of that he’s got games where he averages 2-3 YPC. 

Mayfield is on the heels of some pretty impressive feats as well. 

He’s 0.1% away from breaking Otto Graham’s completion percentage record and 3 TDs away from Manning’s rookie TD record. The guy missed 2.5 games also. 

On 12/24/2018 at 11:20 AM, Danger said:

Barkley. It's close. But it's still clearly Barkley.

How can it be "clearly" Barkley and still be close? 

Barkley plays a position MUCH easier to have an early impact at...Mayfield, as much as it pains me, was much more impactful to his team on a week to week basis.  Mayfield very well could have taken his team to the playoffs had he started from Week 1. 

As a Penn State fan and Steeler fan, I'd much rather be saying that it's clearly Barkley. As an objective fan, it's Mayfield. Barkley is awesome, and will be a top running back for years to come... But for offensive Rookie of the Year, I definitely go with Mayfield.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:13 AM, Gmen said:

I get why you think it should be Barkley, we all want “our guy” to win, but if you think what Barkley is doing is more impressive or valuable to a team than what Baker is, you’re kidding yourself.

I know it’s easy to crap on Eli, but he’s probably a HOFer and in his 15th season.  While you may see that as comparing Baker to an aging QB, I see it as Baker playing as well as (or significantly better if you exclude the Hue games) than a seasoned vet who’s won a pair of rings.

I know it’s easy to crap on the Browns, but they’ve won more games than your Giants this year, and that’s almost singlehandedly because of Baker and his play and leadership.

Ask yourself this, if you could trade Barkley straight up for Baker, would you do it?  Don’t lie to us now... 

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

We give Baker all the credit for the Browns winning a couple of games but does their improved talent and coaching from last year play any part in it?

Absolutely....but he is an integral part of it.

Its not like he is going out there and being carried by the team.  He is doing it with the highest quality QB play the Browns have seen....ever, really.

As good as Barkley is, he isnt doing as much for his team has Baker is.     He cant, because his position doesnt have the same impact.

You could certainly argue that Barkley is having a season equivalent in quality to Baker, but if you factor in the positional impact and the results of said impact, its gotta go to Baker.   After all, OROY is essentially the Most VALUABLE Rookie, and I would absolutely give Mayfield the edge over Barkley in regards to who has been the most valuable THIS year.  

Archived