Bears @ Vikings GDT Dec 30 3:05pm

WindyCity

14 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Thanks for the laughs, I'm going to cherish this game the entire offseason. I'm gonna watch this game on a loop and laugh my *** off.

We can make another tape for you to watch next year for the Pack, make sure to watch that one too. 

Good game Bears fans.  I can't say that I'm all that surprised.  The Vikings just weren't that great this season.  The definition of mediocre - my first clue on that was when we tied the massively overrated Packers in Week 1.  Like I told my Dad, a beating from 'da Bears was coming either this week or next.  About the only positives we can take from it is that we get a slightly better draft position, and maybe the front office takes a little heat and gets their act together.  Fix the offensive line and we will try again next year.

Now...

It's time to put on my Bears hat!  Good game Bears.  It's your turn to take the lead and rep the NFC North in the playoffs.  Make the rest of us losers proud!  :D 

14 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Thanks for the laughs, I'm going to cherish this game the entire offseason. I'm gonna watch this game on a loop and laugh my *** off.

One positive we Vikings fans can take from this game is that we lost to a better team and at least we didn't put a goose egg up on the scoreboard. 

So we have that going for us...which is nice. 

40 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I love that Nagy and Fangio seem to be instilling a killer instinct kind of mentality. LOVE IT.

You're right!  I think this is one of the biggest things that separates the Bears and the Vikings.  As great of a coach as Mike Zimmer is, I'm getting the feeling that he hasn't figured this out yet.  He needs to have a long sit-down with The Tuna and see if he can learn how to do it.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You're right!  I think this is one of the biggest things that separates the Bears and the Vikings.  As great of a coach as Mike Zimmer is, I'm getting the feeling that he hasn't figured this out yet.  He needs to have a long sit-down with The Tuna and see if he can learn how to do it.

I've never seen it really as a Bears fan, at least not for the whole team. Defense had it under Urlacher and Co, ST definitely had it with Hester. Watching them bury guys and how long blocks were held was awesome. But offense? This is our first time seeming to have it. If we had exhibited it earlier we wouldn't have been so passive vs GB in game one, MIA, etc.

I like Zimmer, I think he is smart enough to see the OL is pretty poor, and will make it known in the building he wants that upgraded this offseason.

And no, Lovie isn't smiling. He is still rocking back and forth saying, "Rex is our QB. Rex is our QB..."

Great game, I thought we played well on both sides of the ball. Any QB will miss some throws but Mitch had a very good game. The deep ball needs some work but at the moment it is not critical. But, the biggest takeaway for me was that this team wanted to win, no matter if they needed to or not. The FO, the coach, the players wanted to WIN this game, no matter the next opponent. It sends a message to every other team in the NFL, so freaking happy.

54 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

One positive we Vikings fans can take from this game is that we lost to a better team and at least we didn't put a goose egg up on the scoreboard. 

So we have that going for us...which is nice. 

The only negative for me is that you're a good dude and I'm sorry for you that your team lost.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

anchorman-ilu.gif

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to a good game next week.

You can throw beer cans at our fans and we won’t cry about it for 6 months.

You'll hate us next week after we eliminate you. :P

Just now, Pool said:

The only negative for me is that you're a good dude and I'm sorry for you that your team lost.

Thanks buddy.  I was pretty much resigned to the fact that this wasn't our year so it wasn't so hard to take.  We have certainly experienced worse.  We will just have to retool and get back in action next year.

Archived