Bears @ Vikings GDT Dec 30 3:05pm

WindyCity

14 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Thanks buddy.  I was pretty much resigned to the fact that this wasn't our year so it wasn't so hard to take.  We have certainly experienced worse.  We will just have to retool and get back in action next year.

No doubt. I think you will see a better version of Cousins next year. Either way it'll be Vikes Bears fighting for the division next year. Outside shot the Packers make some big roster moves and get competitive again.

47 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah, no sweat no way you are going to lose to a backup QB.Just kick up your feet. Nothing bad can happen.

foles_future_getty_ringer.0.gif

We still owe y'all a playoff L for '02 

.. by same logic, Saints owe us one for '06 ugggh

3 minutes ago, yomyyo said:

@Uncle Buck Do you think there's a chance Zimmer is gone?

He sure shouldn't be.  There will always be fans who overreact after a game like this, but Zimmer is a great coach.  He won the division two out of the last 4 years (with 4 different QB's), and took us to the NFCCG last year.  The way we didn't show up for the Philly game raised some eyebrows, and today's game against the Bears was similar, but I really don't think there was much we could do with how overmatched our interior offensive line was against that Bears defensive line.  I just can't imagine a scenario where they would fire Zim at this point.   I think he is safe this year, but there could be some heat building a little next year at this time if we have a similar season in 2019.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

How much per yard did your golden boy make today?

Just for the fun of it, I decided to look it up.  According to Sportrac, "In 2018, Rodgers will earn a base salary of $1,100,000, a signing bonus of $57,500,000, a roster bonus of $7,800,000 and a workout bonus of $500,000."  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers-3745/

That gives us a total for this year of $66,900,000.  Yes, folks, that's SIXTY SIX MILLION NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS for the 6-9-1 season in 2018.

Divide that by 16 and that gives us a game day check of $4,181,250,00.

Divide that by Mr. Rodgers' output of 26 yards passing for today's game and you get a cost to the Packers of $160,817.31 per yard. 

Based on that, I'd have to conclude that the Vikings got an absolute STEAL on Kirk Cousins today.  

:D:D:D:D:D:D

16 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

He sure shouldn't be.  There will always be fans who overreact after a game like this, but Zimmer is a great coach.  He won the division two out of the last 4 years (with 4 different QB's), and took us to the NFCCG last year.  The way we didn't show up for the Philly game raised some eyebrows, and today's game against the Bears was similar, but I really don't think there was much we could do with how overmatched our interior offensive line was against that Bears defensive line.  I just can't imagine a scenario where they would fire Zim at this point.   I think he is safe this year, but there could be some heat building a little next year at this time if we have a similar season in 2019.

Florio just said at halftime of the SNF that a surprise name to watch in terms of resigning/firing is Zimmer. He said there are a lot of people around the league watching.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Florio just said at halftime of the SNF that a surprise name to watch in terms of resigning/firing is Zimmer. He said there are a lot of people around the league watching.

Well, that would definitely be a surprise to me if it happens.

Archived