Week Whatever Game Day Commiseration Destination: Packers Versus Lions

MacReady

1 minute ago, Norm said:

The fact you make it sound like you're a corrupt piece of **** that deserves to be hated if you want to lose to benefit draft assets is pretty ******* stupid

Yep, talk about a stupid take. Also all footballs future usernames that start with an S are obviously serial killers. Not the cool Dexter kind but the creepy dahmer kind. 

1 minute ago, Siman08/OH said:

I was honestly being serious. As a fan how can you cheer to lose? As a player how can you play bad knowing other GMs and scouts are watching?

On a side note, I’ve heard the announcers make multiple mistakes already today. I heard a coach last week make a glaring mistake in a conference and not to mention what Skip Bayless said the other week. Do you ever wonder if it’s all a sham? That these guys really don’t know anything and the few that do (like Tom Brady and Belichick and Nick Saban) dominate because they are the few that aren’t idiots just collecting a paycheck? All professions have the idiots who are just coasting by...why should the NFL be any different?

I think a lot of NFL coaches/execs run into the Peter Principle - competent people get moved up to positions where they are incompetent. 

Second, I also think the NFL is so hidebound about "well, we do things this way because that's the way we do them!" Like Philbin's punt - "we don't want to give the Lions a chance, here"....they're up 21-0, and your team looks like hot garbage, Joe. If you don't make the Hail Mary, Detroit will take a knee and head in. And if they don't, so what? Hail Marys are low % plays, and even if they hit it, 28-0 is only marginally more embarrassing than 21-0. For a sport that is all about MANLINESS, it sure features a lot of people scared sh*tless to step outside of the dogma and do something different. 

Third, sports is a zero-sum game. This isn't like, say, medicine, where one doctor's competence doesn't really have much to do with any other doctor; here, if you are less competent (or just unlucky in any number of ways), you lose to more competent coaches. The end. 

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

I say devote the second half trying to see if there's anyone on the roster who can long-snap better than Bradley

Lol cake is in here talking about long snappers as we get b ****ed by a 5 win team. Love it

1 minute ago, Leader said:

My goodness.

Can we relate as Packer fans w/o attacking each other over "lose or not lose" stupidity?

Have some respect for each other.

I don't respect anyone here though. We're all ****** bags

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Does everybody respect Aaron for playing now?

The stupidest narrative of all in 2019.

Like lighting up a pathetic Jets team somehow made up for a worthless season otherwise, spent mostly bitching at young WRs and ignoring open receivers underneath.

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Yep, talk about a stupid take. Also all footballs future usernames that start with an S are obviously serial killers. Not the cool Dexter kind but the creepy dahmer kind. 

Lol Dexter line cracked me up.

10 minutes ago, Striker said:

Could be as many as 7 spots if things shake out. That's a good amount of potential value and you don't normally get that kind of opportunity with a QB like Rodgers.

In spots where you're resting for whatever reason you should be able to evaluate the younger guys.

You're talking best possible case scenario, about a third round pick. That isn't crazy value. Odds are, there will be about 3-4 players we will want like last year when we pick anyways.

Archived