Week Whatever Game Day Commiseration Destination: Packers Versus Lions

MacReady

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

How many concussions is that for Rodgers? Isn’t it a high enough number now that it needs to be something that needs to be considered more.

i mean one concussion is too much... but isn’t this like his 3rd or 4th?

What are we calling concussions?  I don't remember Rodgers being in concussion protocol.  

It's at least the third known concussion of Rodgers' NFL career. He suffered two during the 2010 season, the year in which the Packers won the Super Bowl. He did not miss a game after his first concussion, which occurred in Week 5. He missed one game later in the year after he sustained a concussion in Week 14 at Detroit.

per ESPN

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Pretty safe to say Mac's QB developing ability can stop being discussed, he's lost it as he's aged. Also this chode we brought in to be QB coach is about the most worthless coach I've ever seen.

I have a feeling our QB coach didn't do Kizer or Rodgers any favors this year.

15 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Let's say the Lions played like we did today and Stafford stayed in the game.  Does that make them idiots?  If you're the starter you play unless you are injured.   The only time I've ever seen a team hold out healthy starters is if the team has already got home field advantage or their playoff seed doesn't change if the team wins or loses.

Not every situation is the same though. That said, considering the investment Detroit has made in Stafford, there was little reason to play him in this game either IMO. For GB, it was a team with an interim coach who is likely canned tomorrow and who has a 35 yr old QB who hasn't exactly been the measure of health over the last few years. GB also traded for a young QB in Kizer, so this week and even last week were perfect times to get him some actual game reps

1 hour ago, PackGymRat said:

Where are all the Pettine lovers that swear this defense is better than the Capers defense? Even though statistics show its very similar.

Another game where the Pettine defense gives up 30 pts doesn’t matter if it’s against the Pats or the 4-10 lions.

If Pettine’s defense does not give up 25 points it hasn’t done its job.

Hopefully the next HC fires this man.

I don't have a problem with Pettine.  You can't make chicken salad out of chicken droppings.

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't have a problem with Pettine.  You can't make chicken salad out of chicken droppings.

Yeah .. I'd like to see him back next year, but if the new head coach wants his own guy, and he's a quality DC then so be it.  I don't think there are many DC's who could have done better given the talent on that side of the ball.  

34 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Today's game took me back to my childhood watching the Packers in the late 70's, early 80's.  Reminiscing is good.

Lynn Dickey, John Jefferson, James Lofton, Paul Coffman!   I still loved the Pack!   (didn't know what the playoffs were but loved collecting footbal cards!)

37 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Today's game took me back to my childhood watching the Packers in the late 70's, early 80's.  Reminiscing is good.

Meanwhile,  this is the first time in my LIFE that GB has had consecutive losing seasons. I was born at the right time and my Dad was the one left to suffer through the 70's and 80's Packers teams lol

51 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i also want more

50 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's time to get really serious .. if you aren't worth your contract it's probably time go away.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Gute slice and dice this roster pretty severely.  It's just time for major change in GB.  Even making a butt-load of changes we should be able to compete next year if we can make the right draft picks and free agency decisions.  I kind of expect us to be very active in free agency.  Maybe this year Gute will get another shot at adding a difference maker via trade?

trade down again and again and again in the draft.  get 15-16 picks.   need kids with HEART who want to play and prove themselves.   then, maybe we see Super Bowl in 2 years.   

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

Not every situation is the same though. That said, considering the investment Detroit has made in Stafford, there was little reason to play him in this game either IMO. For GB, it was a team with an interim coach who is likely canned tomorrow and who has a 35 yr old QB who hasn't exactly been the measure of health over the last few years. GB also traded for a young QB in Kizer, so this week and even last week were perfect times to get him some actual game reps

Yes.

To add to that Kizer would have had a better chance to do something if he got starter reps in practice and actually got to play with the team's only decent receiver (Adams) last week. 

We were supposed to be interested in drafting him in the first round last year and we traded for him so we have to give him a shot, it doesn't make sense not to before we give up on him like people suggest.

Lets face facts, Rodgers is on his last legs. Two bust collar bones, dodgy knee, dodgy groin last week, calf problems in the past and now the concussions are adding up. Not only was it asking for trouble putting him out there the last 2 weeks but we also need a proper evaluation of Kizer because we are probably going to need to think about drafting Rodgers successor in the next couple of years if isn't going to be him. 

In both games he played, Kizer was moving the ball better than Rodgers - today we didn't have a first down until Rodgers went down. I don't think Kizer is the answer by any means but at some point you are going to have to give him a shot properly. These two weeks were an ideal opportunity which we flushed down the toilet.

Archived