Week Whatever Game Day Commiseration Destination: Packers Versus Lions

MacReady

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Cobb was a very good player for us, but it's time for him to move on. I wish him, Clay and whoever else we move on from the very best. 

An image to remember to all those fans who constantly deride a player based on his contract.

12 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Where are all the Pettine lovers that swear this defense is better than the Capers defense? Even though statistics show its very similar.

Another game where the Pettine defense gives up 30 pts doesn’t matter if it’s against the Pats or the 4-10 lions.

If Pettine’s defense does not give up 25 points it hasn’t done its job.

Hopefully the next HC fires this man.

Look at the ******* talent hes playing with lol. Your whole DL is backups. You're missing half your starting secondary, you have safteys who cant tackle worth a damn. You have a converted saftey midseason in tramon. You have 2 pass rushers whom is getting paid 10+ million dollars to get 3 sacks in a season. Give the man more than a season, a season in which was a train wreck all over the place. Hes a fine DC, just give him more talent. You cant work miracles all the time with poor talent even if you are one of the best DCs. 

5 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Yeah man this kind of defense with the playoffs on the line and all our starters on the field is inexcusable.

This defense is the reason there is no playoffs.

Couldnt hold leads against the Pats, Rams,  Vikings, Lions, Cardinals, etc

And Capers had to deal with the same injuries.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Nothing but love and respect for Clay and Cobb. Good men and good players in their prime.

Clay was overrated, he had maybe 2 stellar seasons. The rest were meh.

When I think of Clay, I always will remember he was two steps away from making a play. ALMOST a sack. ALMOST a tackle for a loss.

His early years are a blur.

Cobb was decent.

Why are we discussing Dom Capers?   His defense failed for 7 years straight, and his concepts repetitively had us defeated pre-snap.

We don't know what Pettine could do given time yet.

You hire the right guy as the next head coach, and let him decide on his staff.  That includes his DC.

16 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Where are all the Pettine lovers that swear this defense is better than the Capers defense? Even though statistics show its very similar.

Another game where the Pettine defense gives up 30 pts doesn’t matter if it’s against the Pats or the 4-10 lions.

If Pettine’s defense does not give up 25 points it hasn’t done its job.

Hopefully the next HC fires this man.

I've been there with talking down MP some, but I think using today as additional data is pointless.

2 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

When I think of Clay, I always will remember he was two steps away from making a play. ALMOST a sack. ALMOST a tackle for a loss.

Cobb was decent.

Wow! 

1 minute ago, PackGymRat said:

Cobb was good

He had 4 years of double digit sacks. And was a damn good player until 2014

*Whether that particular year had anything to do with Peyton Manning's PEDs guy getting pinched is up for discussion.

5 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Look at the ******* talent hes playing with lol. Your whole DL is backups. You're missing half your starting secondary, you have safteys who cant tackle worth a damn. You have a converted saftey midseason in tramon. Give the man more than a season, a season in which was a train wreck all over the place. Hes a fine DC. You cant work miracles all the time with poor talent even if you are one of the best DCs. 

Do you guys have amnesia? The Injuries didn’t all happen Day 1. Packers were terrible on defense even early on.

lets not forget Capers dealt with injuries. On top of that Capers had crap corners which meant the packages he could run were limited. At least there is some promise for the years to come with the current (injured) talent.

Capers lost his key defense players to free agency after Super Bowl and the years that followed. TT then didn’t give him any talent in the years after via draft.

Pettine should be held to the same standard. Or else 5 years will pass and you will have had Capers 2.0 and everyone on here will act like they hated Pettine since day 1.

Just now, PackGymRat said:

Do you guys have amnesia? The Injuries didn’t all happen Day 1. Packers were terrible on defense even early on.

lets not forget Capers dealt with injuries. On top of that Capers had crap corners which meant the packages he could run were limited. At least there is some promise for the years to come with the current (injured) talent.

Capers lost his key defense players to free agency after Super Bowl and the years that followed. TT then didn’t give him any talent in the years after via draft.

Pettine should be held to the same standard. Or else 5 years will pass and you will have had Capers 2.0 and everyone on here will act like they hated Pettine since day 1.

Wow.  capers did a poor job the last half a decade.  Wasn't able to develop or use anyone, while players made Pro bowls after leaving GB.

He was a good DC in his day.   His days should have ended in 2012.

Archived