Week Whatever Game Day Commiseration Destination: Packers Versus Lions

MacReady

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's time to get really serious .. if you aren't worth your contract it's probably time go away.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Gute slice and dice this roster pretty severely.  It's just time for major change in GB.  Even making a butt-load of changes we should be able to compete next year if we can make the right draft picks and free agency decisions.  I kind of expect us to be very active in free agency.  Maybe this year Gute will get another shot at adding a difference maker via trade?

So, cut Aaron Rodgers?

Wasn't a super important game.  But we completely laid an egg against a division rival to close the season.  If anyone that attended the game had a voice left because they didn't boo this team off the field, they failed as a fan.  Don't re-sign any of the FAs on this team.  Don't interview Philbin.  Don't hire anyone that plans to retain any of the coaches from this staff.  Flush it.  You got shut out, and blown out by the 6-10 Lions, at home.  Don't even defend a ******* fake FG.  Disgusting season from a sucky team.  

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So, cut Aaron Rodgers?

Wasn't a super important game.  But we completely laid an egg against a division rival to close the season.  If anyone that attended the game had a voice left because they didn't boo this team off the field, they failed as a fan.  Don't re-sign any of the FAs on this team.  Don't interview Philbin.  Don't hire anyone that plans to retain any of the coaches from this staff.  Flush it.  You got shut out, and blown out by the 6-10 Lions, at home.  Don't even defend a ******* fake FG.  Disgusting season from a sucky team.  

Rodgers is our best hope for getting back to the playoffs.  I think he gets next year, but if he plays below his typical all-pro self I think you start trying to figure a way out of that contract.  We better see a different Rodgers next year or this organization could be in deep crap.

I'm not real upset about our pathetic showing given that pretty much all our good players were out or left during the game. That was pretty much a preseason game with the kinds of guys we were trotting out there.

It's just too bad we appear to have absolutely nothing behind Rodgers, though. So much for the McCarthy's fabled QB coaching ability. Hundley was not good enough, so we had to part with a quality DB so he could get a 1st/2nd-round talent for him do to nothing with. 9_9

2 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

I'm not real upset about our pathetic showing given that pretty much all our good players were out or left during the game. That was pretty much a preseason game with the kinds of guys we were trotting out there.

It's just too bad we appear to have absolutely nothing behind Rodgers, though. So much for the McCarthy's fabled QB coaching ability. Hundley was not good enough, so we had to part with a quality DB so he could get a 1st/2nd-round talent for him do to nothing with. 9_9

Yes that trade just gets worse and worse doesn't it?  Haven't seen any improvement from Kizer.  The guy needs to prepare better.  He has done little to give me any kind of confidence that he can step in as a capable back up let alone be a future starter.

9 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

I’m not upset with the loss.  I’m disgusted by the gutless effort, lack of freaking tackling, and a myriad of other vagaries on display today.  I’d have been perfectly fine if they actually tried to win and didn’t.  Getting blown out at home, by a divisional rival that will pick before you in the draft, is unacceptable.     Then again, a lot of **** has been unacceptable this year, so good riddance to this, their 100th season.

A question please.........

I've only caught fragments of the fake FG / TD in yesterdays game. Unfortunately (or fortunately in some ways......) "highlights" of this game arent registering high on the "Must see TV" scale - so they're showing is something less than highlights of last years Westminster Dog Show.

In any case - my question..........

I've yet to see the DET WR/TE that caught the TD break from the LOS. Was he lined up out by the sideline the entire time and the ST unit failed to see him?

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

A question please.........

I've only caught fragments of the fake FG / TD in yesterdays game. Unfortunately (or fortunately in some ways......) "highlights" of this game arent registering high on the "Must see TV" scale - so they're showing is something less than highlights of last years Westminster Dog Show.

In any case - my question..........

I've yet to see the DET WR/TE that caught the TD break from the LOS. Was he lined up out by the sideline the entire time and the ST unit failed to see him?

He was split out wide the whole time. Nobody saw him.

Archived