Week Whatever Game Day Commiseration Destination: Packers Versus Lions

MacReady

2 hours ago, hitnhope said:

They sat Adams.   They puled Rodgers.  Do you think they would be playing right now if they needed a win for the playoffs?  

I do have to agree that the Packers did not play this season with a lot of smarts though.

And this is why we are going to get a change at HC and most likely the rest of this coaching staff.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers isn't concussed, it's just an easy way for him to miss the rest of the game as well as avoid a press conference. You can't say he's out with the knee because then you look like idiots for trotting him out there in the first place.

I hope you are right because AR has a history of concussions.  I doubt he is faking it.  He got absolutely hammered in the head.

2 hours ago, IBleedGreen&Gold said:

Count me in the conspiracy theory group who thinks it would be preordained that after a couple series, Rodgers would come up with a limp to be taken out and save face.

I donno.  Philbin is trying to impress Murphy and Gute for a job and he would want his best player out of the game?

2 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Playing him today did nothing to change narrative that he runs the show. Rodgers having pride and wanting to play for his team mates is good, but the higher ups should have been the ones to tell him no. Just nothing about it makes any damn sense.

Let's say the Lions played like we did today and Stafford stayed in the game.  Does that make them idiots?  If you're the starter you play unless you are injured.   The only time I've ever seen a team hold out healthy starters is if the team has already got home field advantage or their playoff seed doesn't change if the team wins or loses.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Today's game took me back to my childhood watching the Packers in the late 70's, early 80's.  Reminiscing is good.

Yeah .. it was bad.  We have a real mess on our hands.  We need a strong head coach to completely turn this ship around, and we need our GM to make about a dozen sharp moves this offseason.  I do look around the league though and see teams like the Bears who were heading nowhere fast .. they added a good young QB, fired and ineffective coach, made some sharp draft picks, and free agent pickups & then swung a deal for one of the best defensive players in the game .. voila .. playoffs with a rookie head coach who called plays for all of 8 games prior to his new job.

Just burn it down. Fire the entire coaching staff. Offense. Defense. Special teams.

Cut the fat. Clay/Perry/Cobb. I loved Cobb and Clay to death but they are just bad at football.

Theres going to need to be a major taken influx via FA and the draft. Similar to LA/Cle/Kansas City.

Rodgers is going to need to learn and new playbook and the new coach is going to have to force him to throw checkdown for positive yardage instead of throwing it away.

Next year might not be pretty either but this year was a downward spiral and I’ll feel better if we start building for an end of career resurgence Drew Brees style for Rodgers.

4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Let's say the Lions played like we did today and Stafford stayed in the game.  Does that make them idiots?  If you're the starter you play unless you are injured.   The only time I've ever seen a team hold out healthy starters is if the team has already got home field advantage or their playoff seed doesn't change if the team wins or loses.

I think it made more sense for the Packers to sit Rodgers than for their rookie coach to sit Stafford.  We'll have a whole new regime next year .. new culture .. never everything.  Matt Patricia is trying to get his program up and running.  

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

How many concussions is that for Rodgers? Isn’t it a high enough number now that it needs to be something that needs to be considered more.

i mean one concussion is too much... but isn’t this like his 3rd or 4th?

3rd, I believe,  but his first in several years.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.

4 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

Just burn it down. Fire the entire coaching staff. Offense. Defense. Special teams.

Cut the fat. Clay/Perry/Cobb. I loved Cobb and Clay to death but they are just bad at football.

Theres going to need to be a major taken influx via FA and the draft. Similar to LA/Cle/Kansas City.

Rodgers is going to need to learn and new playbook and the new coach is going to have to force him to throw checkdown for positive yardage instead of throwing it away.

Next year might not be pretty either but this year was a downward spiral and I’ll feel better if we start building for an end of career resurgence Drew Brees style for Rodgers.

The Bears were junk last year .. turned it completely around in one season.  Rams did pretty much the same thing the year before.  We  can turn it around quickly .. just need a lot to go right.

Archived