Week 17 GDT: Seeding, Playoffs Positioning, 2 Postseason Spots Up For Grabs

CKS97

3 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

I can agree with no TNF.  Personally I’ve always argued that Thursday Night Football should become Saturday Night Football instead.  There would be no complaints about a short week from the players, it’s lined up for better ratings potential for networks, and people are more likely to go out and watch / attend a game on Saturday.  The problem is that college football has a monopoly on Saturday and the NFL legally isn’t allowed to compete with it on Saturdays during the regular season.  It doesn’t extend into the playoffs, so that’s why we’ve been seeing Saturday NFL games lately.  But I really wish they’d revisit it and work something out for earlier in the season.  I’m not sure I ever see it happening though

While I don't necessarily like SNF myself, I do agree with you in general on all accounts here. Specifically the part about early season scheduling. I might be more apt to change my opinion on SNF if that were the case.

If the Rams lose they could host Philly, go to Chicago, then go to New Orleans ( if the saints win their game) in order to make the Super Bowl. They'll be playing their 3 losses in the same stadiums they lost at, but have to win this time to make the big game. Also, they'll be playing them in reverse order so obviously the doubt reverse jinx will push them to victory. 

Then we would have the niners loss but they're not in the playoffs so they slip back into irrelevance. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

The tweet is misleading. That is from sometime last year. Notice Tyrod in the background and Dareus in front of the camera.

Fair enough. Should still be motivated though. A guy like Kyle playing his last game. 

Archived