GB's and SLappers: Dallas at Vagiants

HDsportsfan

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Some talk on Twitter that this offense was really a Garrett game plan, and that part of the reason Dak played the whole game was to get him comfortable with the changes. 

Oddly interesting considering we were ready to hang JG a few years back when all he's do is pass and his game plans were questioned. So here we are presumably full circle. Compared to what the game plans were in the past then I guess we shouldn't complain.

But does this "new" game plan hurt our defense? Did it have a negative affect? Things that make you go Hmmm....

11 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Some talk on Twitter that this offense was really a Garrett game plan, and that part of the reason Dak played the whole game was to get him comfortable with the changes. 

Interesting. Regardless of who developed it, it was pretty clear that Quincy looked much more comfortable in it and was a hell of a lot more effective.

Didn't get to watch the game, but:

GB:

Dak Prescott - seeing the highlights Dak Prescott looked like he was on fire today. Accurate and stood in the pocket for some tough, amazing throws. Really good to see.  

Blake Jarwin - He's showed flashes of being our future at TE. He's made plays all year.   

Scott Linehan - Showed creativity with his playcalls and had a nice game.

52 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Doesn't surprise me. JG can't be as bad as SL's play calling.

Just watched the game.

GB: Chido with a nice pick in zone to start.

DLaw for Sack/Fumbling Eli and causing another TO.

Blake Jarwin. over 100 yards and 3 TDs? My goodness. Faught for yards, and found the soft spots in the zone.

DAK PRESCOTT. Best. Game. Of. His. Career. He is so much more accurate on the run where he can use his athleticism to throw, instead of using a calculated timed drop back. He just isn't good at that. Get him on the move like, I dont know... 2016!  Great throw to Beasley at the end. 

Cole Beasley people will remember the catch and they should but he had a solid game up and down. 

Jason Garrett for benching valuable pieces but leaving in Dak Prescott knowing he needs work. Great call to go for 2 and end it. 

I also think Jaylon Smith looked good and was hitting hard. The OL was run blocking really well for Rod at the beginning.

Refs if we are going to blast the crews that really mess with the game then give credit when a crew calls a good one. I thought they let some fights play out as well as letting some PI and holding calls go, if they weren't effecting the game.

SLappers

Cam Flemming he's been good when needed this year but was overmatched against Olivier Vernon today. Gave up 3 sacks and countless pressure. We may bash Tyron but I hope he's ready to go in the playoffs.

Amari Cooper two drops and a costly fumble, plus you had the body language of a pouty little girl. Get your head out of your ***. If you have a bad play, you can't let it turn into a bad day. Starting to see the streaky hot cold play the Raiders fans warned us about. 

Brett "move it further back" Maher why are you better from 50 yards out? We may be the only team that has a fg range that begins further out but ends at a certain point close to the 20.

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If that’s the case then Linehan’s fate is basically sealed.

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I always found it kind of strange how people here lamented the possibility of this. Garrett’s offenses in Dallas were better on average than Linehan’s have been over the last two years.

Not sure what minutiae may have been different in the offensive design since I didn’t get to see much of the game, but from what I have seen the offense felt much more open in terms of attacking different levels of the field.

18 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I always found it kind of strange how people here lamented the possibility of this. Garrett’s offenses in Dallas were better on average than Linehan’s have been over the last two years.

Not sure what minutiae may have been different in the offensive design since I didn’t get to see much of the game, but from what I have seen the offense felt much more open in terms of attacking different levels of the field.

the middle/deep were used more, So yes on this. Jarwin looked Witten like for a while.

3 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Not just different levels, but different formations and different utilization of the skill position players. It freed ip the TEs for most of the game, but the WRs in general were running very different routes than the overly vanilla ones we’ve used all season.

Archived