Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

31 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I'm curious why you disagree?  What have you seen in him that makes you think he can't/won't be?

Absolutely.  In general wings are just more valuable than point guards anyways.  It's not a coincidence the best teams in the NBA featured Lebron, Durant and Kawhi.  On top of that, Fultz  is not an elite athlete.  Tatum isn't a young Lebron athlete, but he's got more explosion and physical tools than Fultz imo.  That is of course has nothing to say with which will be the better player, but there is absolutely no reason to suggest Tatum doesn't have a higher ceiling, let alone it being laughable. 

I've not seen anything to suggest he won't be. I've also seen nothing to suggest he's on his way to ever being a starter much less an all star 

41 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I'm curious why you disagree?  What have you seen in him that makes you think he can't/won't be?

Absolutely.  In general wings are just more valuable than point guards anyways.  It's not a coincidence the best teams in the NBA featured Lebron, Durant and Kawhi.  On top of that, Fultz  is not an elite athlete.  Tatum isn't a young Lebron athlete, but he's got more explosion and physical tools than Fultz imo.  That is of course has nothing to say with which will be the better player, but there is absolutely no reason to suggest Tatum doesn't have a higher ceiling, let alone it being laughable. 

Those teams also have Curry and Kyrie on them. And the Spurs have been one of the best teams in the NBA for 20 years so they never really count.

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Not many.  Jaylen has tools you can't teach and his basketball skills have consistently improved since getting NBA coaching.

So how would you compare him to Caris LeVert?  LeVert showed much more offensive potential and basketball skill in year 1 than Brown did.  Do you feel like LeVert is on his way to being an All-Star?

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Who said Tatum has a higher ceiling than Fultz?

The myth that Tatum cant defend is so stupid. He made huge strides defensively at Duke.

It's not a myth and no he didn't.

7 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Jaylen has tools you can't teach and his basketball skills have consistently improved since getting NBA coaching.

My guess is you can't really put it into words either?  Compare Brown to Ingram.

1 hour ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Let's wait a few years before we judge these rookies. #1 ranked players arnt guaranteed allstars. Only in Boston can the #3 pick already be a bust before ever playing.

Why? We're allowed to formulate opinions and most sports discussion is usually based in projection.

11 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Okay lets pick at straws.

Let me make this simple for you.

Make me a list of the top 5 players and try to not include Durant, Lebron or Kawhi.

I'll wait for you to continue making strawman arguments.

How does that prove that wings are move valuable than PGs? If I said give me your top 8 NBA players there would be more PGs than wings, so does that mean PGs are more valuable than wings? Or does the number 5 have more value than 8 because you say so?

Edited by 11sanchez11

Just now, catcheryea said:

basketball forum psa: please don't get in debates unless the other side has at least 850 posts

Footballs Future PSA: discussion is encouraged with ALL members regardless of sub and post count

I get that he started some games last year but there is a reason he didn't start twice as many and there was a reason he didn't play much in the post season. 

Im just curious what about his 6 points 3 rebounds and 17 minutes per game with 20 stars screams "on his way to being an all star"

7 hours ago, Darkness said:

Let's just assume Taytum becomes an "elite" wing scorer. He's still a ball stopper who can't create for others, with the physical makeup of a tweener. Fultz is both a great scorer and passer, who you can build a system around. There's no comparison between the two prospects and what they'd bring to their teams at their full potential.

This is just false.  Tatum is a really young player and has shown flashes of his willingness to share the basketball during Summer League.  Just because Tatum has the skill set to potentially become a dominant one-vs-one player, does not mean he is a ball stopper.  I'm very confident that Brad Stevens will help mold him into more of a team player, while he still develops his strengths as a go-to offensive player in the future.