With the 10th pick the Denver Broncos select?

Wolzen

On 12/31/2018 at 3:19 AM, Royal_VT said:

Greg Little OT - like was previously mentioned, and move Boles to RT?

I don't know anything about Little but two comments. 1. Having a pair of good OT's is a huge benefit in todays NFL. I think drafting an OT would be fine.

2. I don't think anyone is going to supplant Bolles on the left side. 

Early big board:

1. Bosa

2. Quinnen

3. Haskins

4. Greedy

5. Oliver

6. Gary

7. Jonah

8. D. White

9. D. Brown

10. Jones

11. Little

12. Baker 

13. Lawrence

14. Allen 

15. Ferrell

16. D. Bush

I’d be happy getting any one of these guys, so if the right trade down offer comes, I’d be willing. 

58 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I dont think Haskins will be attainable without giving up 2 future R1 picks. And he isnt worth that haul.

I think he is. Very polished pocket passer, accurate, decent arm strength, and from all accounts he has good character. I'd give up a first, second, and 4th this year, and 1st and 3rd next year to the Cardinals for the #1 pick. If the guy's a franchise QB, no one is going to care about the amount of picks we gave up to get him.

38 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I think he is. Very polished pocket passer, accurate, decent arm strength, and from all accounts he has good character. I'd give up a first, second, and 4th this year, and 1st and 3rd next year to the Cardinals for the #1 pick. If the guy's a franchise QB, no one is going to care about the amount of picks we gave up to get him.

I personally don’t like drafting a QB without trading up to get him. Either you like him so much that you need to guarantee getting him, or he’s not worth it. Even just for the message you send to the player: ‘look at how much we think of you that we just needed to make sure we got you.’ I’ve got no problem making that kind of gamble on your QBOTF. The problem is, you need to jump the Giants and Jags for sure, and quite possibly even the Raiders. You’re looking at an absolute mountain of picks.

5 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I personally don’t like drafting a QB without trading up to get him. Either you like him so much that you need to guarantee getting him, or he’s not worth it. Even just for the message you send to the player: ‘look at how much we think of you that we just needed to make sure we got you.’ I’ve got no problem making that kind of gamble on your QBOTF. The problem is, you need to jump the Giants and Jags for sure, and quite possibly even the Raiders. You’re looking at an absolute mountain of picks.

I don't think Eagles, Chiefs, or Rams are regretting their trades for their franchise QBs. If you think Haskins is the guy, go get him and worry about the other stuff later.

2 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Yup, that worked pretty well.

You can keep doing that right up until the point that you need a QB.  Sooner or later, you need a QB.  You either a) suck so bad you'r picking top 3, b) trade a mountain of picks to move up to top 3, c) get lucky enough (and it is luck...to find a hidden Gem after about pick 10).  Or you live in QB Purgatory.

Are you really telling me you wouldn't trade Bolles, Walker, Henderson, Langly  and Lynch for Tua or Darnold?  I would.  In a heart beat.  Now, not sure Haskins is that guy.  But again, if you think they're "The Guy" - do whatever it takes.  But it really is case of Pay me now, or pay me later..... 

3 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

You can keep doing that right up until the point that you need a QB.  Sooner or later, you need a QB.  You either a) suck so bad you'r picking top 3, b) trade a mountain of picks to move up to top 3, c) get lucky enough (and it is luck...to find a hidden Gem after about pick 10).  Or you live in QB Purgatory.

Are you really telling me you wouldn't trade Bolles, Walker, Henderson, Langly  and Lynch for Tua or Darnold?  I would.  In a heart beat.  Now, not sure Haskins is that guy.  But again, if you think they're "The Guy" - do whatever it takes.  But it really is case of Pay me now, or pay me later..... 

I don't really disagree with you, but IMO it's all about timing and situation for young QB's. In other words, i like being "just a QB away" before I make that leap. 

It's easier to destroy a young QB than it is to develop him. Rosen could very well be the next casualty. Nobody can get hit that often without starting to hear footsteps. So, if a QB that we love drops to us this year then take him. If not, one more solid draft this spring could have us "just a QB away:. 

2020 looks like the year to draft a QB very high regardless of cost in draft picks.

Archived