Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Good for Mariota adding weight.  Hell, I'll cheer for anything that might keep him healthier.

8 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I'm waiting anxiously for Dee Cleater to be signed.

See, I'm hoping the open spot goes to Ed Drusher or Tye Tend.  We could really use their talents.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:05 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Nah. I have the international gamepass and the shortened games were nice, but still not worth 200 dollars. I'd recommend just avoiding scores and watching the Youtube highlights the NFL puts up.

yup..

Edited by Airness McNairness

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Random....

If we had to let Derrick Henry walk.  I'd totally be ok with replacing him with AJ Dillon from Boston College. 

That's gonna become a question at some point and I'm pretty nervous giving him a huge extension.  I love Henry but he's had long inconsistent stretches and even if last year's "awakening" continues this year, can we trust that's going to stay the norm for 3-5 more years?  This feels like a decision where the "smart answer" is to let someone else pay him.  As much as I'd hate to lose him...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, titanrick said:

That's gonna become a question at some point and I'm pretty nervous giving him a huge extension.  I love Henry but he's had long inconsistent stretches and even if last year's "awakening" continues this year, can we trust that's going to stay the norm for 3-5 more years?  This feels like a decision where the "smart answer" is to let someone else pay him.  As much as I'd hate to lose him...

To me I think it'd depend on how Mariota fares. If Mariota stays healthy and performs consistently, I think I'd be willing to just let Henry walk and find someone else at RB, even if he continues his success from late last year. If Mariota struggles, I think you keep Henry around to lean on for whatever QB you draft. Would have the extra cap space for not having to pay a QB a large contract, so money shouldn't be much of an issue in that case.

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

To me I think it'd depend on how Mariota fares. If Mariota stays healthy and performs consistently, I think I'd be willing to just let Henry walk and find someone else at RB, even if he continues his success from late last year. If Mariota struggles, I think you keep Henry around to lean on for whatever QB you draft. Would have the extra cap space for not having to pay a QB a large contract, so money shouldn't be much of an issue in that case.

Great point.  I expect Mariota to play well enough this year that we have to extend him.  If that's not the case, money frees up.

27 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Great point.  I expect Mariota to play well enough this year that we have to extend him.  If that's not the case, money frees up.

I think the Mariota/Winston/Prescott contract negotiations will be very interesting.  I doubt any of them will play well enough to justify getting the big $25 million a year deals, but that's the market right now on just about any QB, it seems.

Henry problem is this & ive said this since day 1, he’s a workhorse he has to be fed, he needs to get in rhythm. If you notice he presses & look for the home run trying to make a impact splitting carries & that causes him to bounce everything miss the hole not having patience to let blockers setup 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Henry problem is this & ive said this since day 1, he’s a workhorse he has to be fed, he needs to get in rhythm. If you notice he presses & look for the home run trying to make a impact splitting carries & that causes him to bounce everything miss the hole not having patience to let blockers setup 

And the last place the NFL is heading is toward "feed the workhorse back 30 times a game".  Now if it works, I won't be complaining, but I'm not sure there's a blueprint for that in 2019.

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Shocked he got only a 1 year deal. I thought the Titans never got involved because he was going to get a multi year deal.

I think the Titans are done signing relevant players but hope they consider Wilkerson at this point 

It wasn't about the money. He could have probably got more money elsewhere. It's about fit and probably getting back at Tampa Bay. 

4 hours ago, titanrick said:

And the last place the NFL is heading is toward "feed the workhorse back 30 times a game".  Now if it works, I won't be complaining, but I'm not sure there's a blueprint for that in 2019.

It work with Seattle the year they won with beast mode 🤷🏽‍♂️ 18-25 touches Henry needs a game