Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

McCoy would fill the last big need on this team going into the season but I’m curious to see how hard the Titans push for him.

I just can’t get excited for Jones and Johnson again. I know Urban is here too but if the Titans can some how get McCoy to sign for a year that would be a great get for this year 

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

McCoy would fill the last big need on this team going into the season but I’m curious to see how hard the Titans push for him.

I just can’t get excited for Jones and Johnson again. I know Urban is here too but if the Titans can some how get McCoy to sign for a year that would be a great get for this year 

That's why there's almost no chance they sign him.  Lots of teams will be willing to give him a multi-year deal, so why would he come to Tennessee?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

That's why there's almost no chance they sign him.  Lots of teams will be willing to give him a multi-year deal, so why would he come to Tennessee?

I mean the Titans shouldn’t just be doing a 1 year deal anyway. Even when Simmons comes back, all 3 can certainly be on the field at the same time in base. Also helps McCoy and Casey stay fresh on the backside of their careers.

We didn't go after Suh... After we were a finalist for his services last year. We haven't gone afyer Wilk. I dont see why they'd now go after McCoy. 

I think they're really looking at the cap next year. Giving him 13M would eat up what we have that we could roll over to sign some of our own guys. I think we're rolling with Casey, Johnson, Jones, Urban, and Wake... That's going to be our dline rotation. May be room for a udfa to make the roster. 

21 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

We didn't go after Suh... After we were a finalist for his services last year. We haven't gone afyer Wilk. I dont see why they'd now go after McCoy. 

I think they're really looking at the cap next year. Giving him 13M would eat up what we have that we could roll over to sign some of our own guys. I think we're rolling with Casey, Johnson, Jones, Urban, and Wake... That's going to be our dline rotation. May be room for a udfa to make the roster. 

Agreed.  Dickerson or a UDFA will probably be in there too.  Wake may be listed as a DLine player, but we all know he's going to be on the edge either way, so I'd be suprised if they only kept four guys on the roster to play interior.

When Simmons is healthy, we're good.  Till then, I think Daquan Jones will contribute a bit more to the pass rush this season.  2018 was the first year he had no pass rush at all, and he was coming off of an injury.  They'll be OK as they are now, stellar once Simmons starts.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

When Simmons is healthy, we're good.  Till then, I think Daquan Jones will contribute a bit more to the pass rush this season.  2018 was the first year he had no pass rush at all, and he was coming off of an injury.  They'll be OK as they are now, stellar once Simmons starts.

DaQuan never had a pass rush he’s always been nothing more but a space eater who’s solid not spectacular not great but solid stopping the run. The majority of his sacks the so call year he broke out came against a Terrible Colts OL.. he doesn’t even  get a lot of TFL as well . My only issue with him is we’re paying him 7 mill he’s no more than a 2-3 million dollar player at best

• Like 1