Jaguars void guarantees on RB Leonard Fournette's rookie deal

ET80

Good move. He sucks. On the same plane as Trent Richardson; got ridiculously overrated in his rookie year because of volume stats and fantasy nerds. Then his inefficient running got exposed the following season and now everyone realizes he was never good in the first place.

Apparently, Tom Coughlin called out Fournette and Yeldon, sitting on the bench, not playing, for being "disrespectful" and "selfish" during the game:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25651648/leonard-fournette-told-week-13-suspension-voids-guaranteed-money-contract

"I am disappointed in the behavior today from T.J. Yeldon and Leonard Fournette," Coughlin said. "They were disrespectful, selfish and their behavior was unbecoming that of a professional football player."

"

The incident capped a tumultuous season for Fournette, who missed eight games because of injuries and disciplinary reasons. Fournette missed six full games and half of two others with a right hamstring injury in the first eight weeks of the season and was suspended without pay for the Dec. 2 game against Indianapolis.

There was mounting frustration inside the organization about the length of Fournette's rehab from the hamstring injury, and that time away apparently impacted his conditioning. He looks heavier than when he reported for training camp, when he said he was down to 223 pounds -- his lowest weight since his sophomore season at LSU. During the Dec. 23 game against Miami, the CBS broadcast crew said Fournette, who reported at 240 pounds as a rookie in 2017, told them he was at 233 pounds.

It's unusual for an NFL player to gain weight during the season, and Fournette was unable to do much, if any, conditioning during the time he was rehabbing his injured hamstring. Even so, it has been seven weeks since he returned to the lineup."

Hmmmmmm- given that Fournette missed all that time with his numerous leg injuries, and that he seemingly plumped up during his time off, do you think your team will kick the spare tires on this guy?

Image result for Leonard Fournette T.J. Yeldon

27 minutes ago, bzane said:

Apparently, Tom Coughlin called out Fournette and Yeldon, sitting on the bench, not playing, for being "disrespectful" and "selfish" during the game:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25651648/leonard-fournette-told-week-13-suspension-voids-guaranteed-money-contract

"I am disappointed in the behavior today from T.J. Yeldon and Leonard Fournette," Coughlin said. "They were disrespectful, selfish and their behavior was unbecoming that of a professional football player."

"

The incident capped a tumultuous season for Fournette, who missed eight games because of injuries and disciplinary reasons. Fournette missed six full games and half of two others with a right hamstring injury in the first eight weeks of the season and was suspended without pay for the Dec. 2 game against Indianapolis.

There was mounting frustration inside the organization about the length of Fournette's rehab from the hamstring injury, and that time away apparently impacted his conditioning. He looks heavier than when he reported for training camp, when he said he was down to 223 pounds -- his lowest weight since his sophomore season at LSU. During the Dec. 23 game against Miami, the CBS broadcast crew said Fournette, who reported at 240 pounds as a rookie in 2017, told them he was at 233 pounds.

It's unusual for an NFL player to gain weight during the season, and Fournette was unable to do much, if any, conditioning during the time he was rehabbing his injured hamstring. Even so, it has been seven weeks since he returned to the lineup."

Hmmmmmm- given that Fournette missed all that time with his numerous leg injuries, and that he seemingly plumped up during his time off, do you think your team will kick the spare tires on this guy?

Image result for Leonard Fournette T.J. Yeldon

I don't get it. He was inactive. What was he supposed to do? They showed Todd Gurley a couple times during the Rams game. He was sitting on the bench joking around with Malcolm Brown.

32 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't get it. He was inactive. What was he supposed to do? They showed Todd Gurley a couple times during the Rams game. He was sitting on the bench joking around with Malcolm Brown.

Well I ones a All Pro the other Oft Injured. A lot easier  to make a scape goat/example out of the latter.

We are talking about Coughlin here. Has everyone forgotten how he treated RB's for years that were in his doghouse? Not all that surprising.

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well I ones a All Pro the other Oft Injured. A lot easier  to make a scape goat/example out of the latter.

We are talking about Coughlin here. Has everyone forgotten how he treated RB's for years that were in his doghouse? Not all that surprising.

That's kind of my point. When you bring back the HC and GM, you gotta blame somebody for the bad season. I think it's weak. The Jaguars are having a lot of locker room issues. Those are generally tied to leadership/culture issues. And that usually falls on the Head Coach. 

1 minute ago, Malik said:

Wait. How can you void guarantee money? How is it even called guaranteed money if your employer can decide to take it away?

Because he got suspended during the season. There had to be something in the contract that voided the guaranteed money for any type of suspensions.

Archived