2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

On 7/11/2019 at 6:32 AM, KingOfTheDot said:

Should be able to move some money around. 

Tru, AWill likely won’t play at their cap numbers next season but then Leo, Robby and others will see raises. 

I may be thinking too far down the line. As long as we can do it without losing some of our young guys (Robby, Jenkins, Leo, and etc.) I'm good. If Jenkins hits 10 sacks, I don't want to lose him because we gave his money to Clowney. 

I'm really rooting for Tyler Jones or Toa Lobendahn to stand out as a good center. Some scouts like Tyler as a potential center. TL had up and down reviews and didn't play center until his senior year. He also delt with ACL injuries early at USC while playing different positions on the line. I'm picking TJ out of the two, but we'll see what happens.

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I may be thinking too far down the line. As long as we can do it without losing some of our young guys (Robby, Jenkins, Leo, and etc.) I'm good. If Jenkins hits 10 sacks, I don't want to lose him because we gave his money to Clowney. 

I just don’t see Jenkins as much of a difference maker. There’s so much more than sacks. 

Does he require double teams off the edge(which forces offenses to leave an additional man into block)

How many pressures does he create.

Are the sacks or coverage sacks. 

Its a lot to process, more than just does he get 10 sacks.

55 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I just don’t see Jenkins as much of a difference maker. There’s so much more than sacks. 

Does he require double teams off the edge(which forces offenses to leave an additional man into block)

How many pressures does he create.

Are the sacks or coverage sacks. 

Its a lot to process, more than just does he get 10 sacks.

Because he's still getting better. This is a big year for him.

Guys like Clowney, Za'darius, and Fowler were mentioned throughout this offseason who barely outperformed him. Clowney is on a team with someone who actually get doubled teamed and still can't capitalize. He just turned 25 and if he outperforms Clowney after we gave up a pick + signed him to a big deal, we're going to be mad if we have to make a decision between Robby, Leo, and Jenkins. If we could get out of Tru's contract, then I'm in and would start him opposite of Jenkins. 

Edited by rickyt31

19 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm really rooting for Tyler Jones or Toa Lobendahn to stand out as a good center. Some scouts like Tyler as a potential center. TL had up and down reviews and didn't play center until his senior year. He also delt with ACL injuries early at USC while playing different positions on the line. I'm picking TJ out of the two, but we'll see what happens.

I hope you’re right and they at least get a chance. I really want someone to win the position outright and not just have it handed to them

4 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I hope you’re right and they at least get a chance. I really want someone to win the position outright and not just have it handed to them

That's what I'm hoping for as well. TL might be a long shot but I don't see his issues as something that can't be improved. Tyler might be the sleeper as a center. There has to be a reason why we haven't made a move for at least a stopgap center yet knowing we're going into a big year for Sam. We can wait until preseason cuts, but then we'll have to hope they develop enough chemistry with Sam and the rest of the line. It's not easy to do when everyone is still adapting to Gase. 

21 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Because he's still getting better. This is a big year for him.

Guys like Clowney, Za'darius, and Fowler were mentioned throughout this offseason who barely outperformed him. Clowney is on a team with someone who actually get doubled teamed and still can't capitalize. He just turned 25 and if he outperforms Clowney after we gave up a pick + signed him to a big deal, we're going to be mad if we have to make a decision between Robby, Leo, and Jenkins. If we could get out of Tru's contract, then I'm in and would start him opposite of Jenkins. 

I think I’m now seeing where guys say we overrate our own players. 

Clowney is so much than Jenkins it’s honestly not even close. 

You're simply basing it off of sacks when there’s so much more to being an ELITE EDGE.

On 7/13/2019 at 6:11 PM, JetsandI said:

I can see Joe Douglas let Jordan Jenkins and Robby Anderson test the FA.  Leonard Williams, I am not sure.

I kept hearing Anderson is trade bait, Anderson might not be resigned.  In what world are we able to let our best WR walk.  I was always so confused by consistently hearing stuff like that.

If not for terrible QB play Anderson might have back to back 1k seasons under his belt.  The guy is an elite deep threat in the NFL and without him our offense would take a serious hit.  Really hope RA is a Jet for a long time. 

Edited by Rockice_8

I think Gase likes Robby and has him as a big part of our offense. . I think if Robby stays out of trouble there’s a good chance that we’ll resign him quickly.

https://clutchpoints.com/jets-news-adam-gase-thinks-robby-anderson-will-be-a-great-fit-for-new-yorks-offensive-scheme/

https://clutchpoints.com/jets-news-adam-gase-plans-to-find-ways-to-get-robby-anderson-the-ball/