2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I'd rather do Anderson for Barnett. I feel a change of scenery can spark Barnett

Was not a fan of Barnett coming out and nothing he's done has changed my mind about him.  He's been in a great situation in PHI why would a change of scenery to us be good for him?  Guys been playing with another great DE and with Cox who has been the focal point of the offensives.  He's a JAG and I definitely wouldn't trade Anderson for him.  He probably wouldn't even be our best pass rusher if he came over.  Not even sure he's better than Jenkins.

6 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Really hope Adam's un-following the Jets on Instagram and changing his bio is just him blowing off some steam... 

Why is the captain of our defense throwing a hissy-fit? Players fleeing losing teams to go join winning ones is a disgusting trend in sports. As if the fans mean nothing.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

@Rockice_8 Just curious with the Rasul Douglas love. I definitely don’t know the player like you do but isn’t he just like Trumaine Johnson? Has length but slow? Legitimately curious. 

True he's not fast but gritty, tough, young, good tackler and cost controlled.  Went toe to toe with Julio last week for a large portion of the game and wasn't embarrassed.  Trumaine is slow and his 3 cone was bad too.  Douglas was sub 7 sec on the 3 cone so his hips are way better then Johnson's were at the combine.  

He's a starting caliber#2 CB type but is relegated to the 4th spot for a team loaded at CB.  PHI could spare him and needs a DT so it's a great fit IMO which is why I keep mentioning him.  I mean he's not great by any means and isn't going to man up the games best but getting a young starting CB for Leo at this point would be a major win.  I'd be all for a 3rd too but I don't see anyone giving that up for him.

Douglas looks his best in press man so he can get his hands on the WR and not allow a free release which helps him cover (think Richard Sherman because he was also slow and no I'm not saying he's Sherman).  Between him and Hairston if we could get some tall physical press CB's to disrupt WR routes that is good for our pass rush which is lacking at the moment.

I love tall physical press CB's because nothing messes with QB-WR timing more then a good press CB other then maybe a freak edge rusher.      

You saw what happened when Hairston was pressing it disrupted CLE's routes and made it tough on Baker so imagine having another CB at 6'2" who can do that opposite him.  He's only in year two and is still improving which is why I hope we can steal him from PHI.  

• Like 1

Hairston looked like a player, he was physical and had good coverage. OBJ just made a ridiculous catch, most times that is a incomplete pass. 

One player who kept jumping out with pressure last night was Basham. He could have easily had 3 sacks last night. He flashed week 1 as well. A 2017 3rd round pick. Can see the physical talent, hopefully he can keep playing and improve as the season goes on. 

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

True he's not fast but gritty, tough, young, good tackler and cost controlled.  Went toe to toe with Julio last week for a large portion of the game and wasn't embarrassed.  Trumaine is slow and his 3 cone was bad too.  Douglas was sub 7 sec on the 3 cone so his hips are way better then Johnson's were at the combine.  

He's a starting caliber#2 CB type but is relegated to the 4th spot for a team loaded at CB.  PHI could spare him and needs a DT so it's a great fit IMO which is why I keep mentioning him.  I mean he's not great by any means and isn't going to man up the games best but getting a young starting CB for Leo at this point would be a major win.  I'd be all for a 3rd too but I don't see anyone giving that up for him.

Douglas looks his best in press man so he can get his hands on the WR and not allow a free release which helps him cover (think Richard Sherman because he was also slow and no I'm not saying he's Sherman).  Between him and Hairston if we could get some tall physical press CB's to disrupt WR routes that is good for our pass rush which is lacking at the moment.

I love tall physical press CB's because nothing messes with QB-WR timing more then a good press CB other then maybe a freak edge rusher.      

You saw what happened when Hairston was pressing it disrupted CLE's routes and made it tough on Baker so imagine having another CB at 6'2" who can do that opposite him.  He's only in year two and is still improving which is why I hope we can steal him from PHI.  

Great response. Thanks. I’ll take a starter for Leo. Very underwhelming former 6th overall pick. Q has to be much better.