DeShone Kizer announced starter

BwickRedux

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm just curious to see if Hue thinks he's as bad as some here do and if he has the stones to cut him 16 months after "you gotta trust me on this one"?

I still think Hue only said that to have the front offices back. Kessler isn't close to what he deems his type of QB. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

He out played him in one game. Kessler out played him in college, last year and has been decent the last two weeks. 

And Kizer henceforth will outplay him in real life 9_9

Edited by Bonanza23
Yep I just used henceforth

hogan isn't a real NFL QB. Kessler is a good lower end starter/very good backup. Keeping him shouldn't even be a debate. Everyone got all worked up over him last year during the season. A few unimpressive pre season games with scrub players around him shouldn't get him cut. Come on now...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

hogan isn't a real NFL QB. Kessler is a good lower end starter/very good backup. Keeping him shouldn't even be a debate. Everyone got all worked up over him last year during the season. A few unimpressive pre season games with scrub players around him shouldn't get him cut. Come on now...

I'm not even bringing up the games. 

It was the same thing when I went to camp. Dude is trash and won't throw past 10 yards hell even 7 yards is a stretch for him. 

He can't make it. Hogan was the higher rated QB coming out 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

It was the same thing when I went to camp. Dude is trash and won't throw past 10 yards hell even 7 yards is a stretch for him. 

Not by our coaching staff/front office apparently.

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Higher rated by who? And who gives a F about practice if he gets it done in games. He looked a hell of a lot better in games than hogan did. Hogan couldn't hit guys open in the middle of the field. Only thing he's got going for him are his legs. 

My biggest problem with Kessler last season was he clearly regressed as the season went on. Why?  Teams adapted and took away what he was good at, IE his mid level throws.  Yes teams learn what young rookie QBs do.  What's important is the QB adapting and getting better.  He has not done that at all this pre-season.  Hogan's arm actually looks like it improved this year.  Got rid of that weird twitch.  And don't get me wrong I'm not in any way shape or form saying he's good.  Not even a bit.  But there's no doubt he looked tons better than Kessler against these garbage players they played.

5 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

My biggest problem with Kessler last season was he clearly regressed as the season went on. Why?  Teams adapted and took away what he was good at, IE his mid level throws.  Yes teams learn what young rookie QBs do.  What's important is the QB adapting and getting better.  He has not done that at all this pre-season.  Hogan's arm actually looks like it improved this year.  Got rid of that weird twitch.  And don't get me wrong I'm not in any way shape or form saying he's good.  Not even a bit.  But there's no doubt he looked tons better than Kessler against these garbage players they played.

Once. 

Hogan can't throw spirals consistently, he can't throw with accuracy. 

Kessler best pass of the preseason was to Boyce, a 22 yardder between 3 defenders  Hogan couldn't maek that throw ever.

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Once. 

Hogan can't throw spirals consistently, he can't throw with accuracy. 

Kessler best pass of the preseason was to Boyce, a 22 yardder between 3 defenders  Hogan couldn't maek that throw ever.

Your description of hogan sounds like former golden boy and round 1 pick Brady Quinn, only Brady didn't have legs.

Are we really going back and forth over our backup QB scenario? It really doesn't matter at this point. I honestly think there's a better chance that a team trades for Cody at this point than Brock. And honestly given the lack of FA QB's on the market (outside of Kapernick), the market doesnt have a veteran worth picking up. 

7 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Are we really going back and forth over our backup QB scenario? It really doesn't matter at this point. I honestly think there's a better chance that a team trades for Cody at this point than Brock. And honestly given the lack of FA QB's on the market (outside of Kapernick), the market doesnt have a veteran worth picking up. 

If we could get a slot WR for Kessler I am on board. I don't think Maimi would be interested in a back up cos they have Matt Moore. 

The colts could be interested in Kessler, Kessler for Dorsett? 

The Jags need a lot of QB help, we could give them Kessler for Hurns and we get a 4th. 

perspective guys perspective.  We are not getting much of anything for Kessler.  Scenario, your starting QB goes down, your options are to give up a pick for a very limited Kessler who has to try and learn your offense on the fly, or sign Clipboard Jesus off of the streets who is a very limited QB that has to learn your offense on the fly, but has more experience?

Either way, your season is lost.  That said, if we are looking to maximize our QB room, RG3 is still available, knows the system, could be a better backup than some of the guys on the roster.  He could sign for cheap to keep his foot in the NFL door as he was cut to save $$$ after the Brock trade.