DeShone Kizer announced starter

BwickRedux

4 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Come on Bruce. Kessler has not been good thru mini camps and the pre season. 

And hue pulling him against NYG has to stop. He had one good drive that game. The rest he was immensely ineffective. 

I personally was hoping he'd be a good back up but he's in danger of being cut. He needed to step up and just didn't. 

Cutting Kessler for Hogan or Osweiller would be nuts.

For all the talk of Kessler sucking, wtf has Osweiller done? Or Hogan for that matter?

Who has "taken" that spot from him?

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cutting Kessler for Hogan or Osweiller would be nuts.

For all the talk of Kessler sucking, wtf has Osweiller done? Or Hogan for that matter?

Who has "taken" that spot from him?

Oh don't get me wrong I would not cut Kessler to keep Oslater. Osawhile has been pure crap. Kessler hasn't looked good either. One of them needed to step up and neither did.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Oh don't get me wrong I would not cut Kessler to keep Oslater. Osawhile has been pure crap. Kessler hasn't looked good either. One of them needed to step up and neither did.

What has Kessler done wrong in the preseason games besides the muffed hand off? He is 12 for 17 IIRC. He had a short TD drive in game 1, a 3 and out where he took a sack and started a drive inside his 20 with less than a minute before half and only made it to midfield or so. He was 7-7 in game 2. Sure he sucked at camp but that is practice 'Iverson gif'. I think he would be an elite backup. Top 3-5 in the league. He could regress but I don't see it until his arm starts to weaken with age then he will be completely useless. Right now it is weak but I think he completed like 65% of his passes last year. Exactly what you desire in a backup and almost unheard of. The guys who complete that high of a percentage without a lot of picks usually start. He is unique because of his arm strength in that regard but even with him starting he took a team that regularly got blown out with RGIII and McCown and at least made the team competitive 80% of the time. He gets way too much hate around here, or not enough love if we want to put a positive spin on it

It's 3rd and 5 what QB on the roster is most likely to convert that?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

What has Kessler done wrong in the preseason games besides the muffed hand off? He is 12 for 17 IIRC. He had a short TD drive in game 1, a 3 and out where he took a sack and started a drive inside his 20 with less than a minute before half and only made it to midfield or so. He was 7-7 in game 2. Sure he sucked at camp but that is practice 'Iverson gif'. I think he would be an elite backup. Top 3-5 in the league. He could regress but I don't see it until his arm starts to weaken with age then he will be completely useless. Right now it is weak but I think he completed like 65% of his passes last year. Exactly what you desire in a backup and almost unheard of. The guys who complete that high of a percentage without a lot of picks usually start. He is unique because of his arm strength in that regard but even with him starting he took a team that regularly got blown out with RGIII and McCown and at least made the team competitive 80% of the time. He gets way too much hate around here, or not enough love if we want to put a positive spin on it

I think Kessler is the right guy with the wrong coach.Hue likes the deep ball as a part of his offense. Im not complaining against Hue though, I think he could have the goods as a coach. 

He is a rich mans Brian Hoyer to me. I think he could be a top 12 NFL QB in the right situation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

thx brother

lol aint that the truth.  

Losing your post-count isn't that bad, in fact I've found it's rather freeing

I do have to admit, there's been more than one occasion where I've thought to myself "Man, this topic / data could really use some statistical analysis from MBTL...."

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah you're definitely more of a stat hugger than I am.  His stats are OK, but just watching him he's done absolutely nothing. Can't move the team at all and takes sacks.  I saw one good throw he made in the 1st game.  The rest are short dinks.  Or were they dunks?  We need more emojis.  I just can't properly express myself with the lack of emojis.  Give me more emojis!!:$

Anyway hopefully he becomes that good back up we need.