DeShone Kizer announced starter

BwickRedux

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think Kessler is the right guy with the wrong coach.Hue likes the deep ball as a part of his offense. Im not complaining against Hue though, I think he could have the goods as a coach. 

He is a rich mans Brian Hoyer to me. I think he could be a top 12 NFL QB in the right situation. 

Yup.  I'm in that minority as well who thinks Kessler can be an NFL starter.  We've got two NFL starters on the Cleveland Browns under 25.  I'm down to keep Hogan as well if Hue thinks he can develop him.

2 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

Losing your post-count isn't that bad, in fact I've found it's rather freeing

I do have to admit, there's been more than one occasion where I've thought to myself "Man, this topic / data could really use some statistical analysis from MBTL...."

Yeah I've never understood the fascination with post count. I'm personally somewhat embarrassed I have as many posts as I've got. I mean yeah it may or may not mark you as a long time respected poster, but those that care usually post crap just to post.  I honestly see the same thing with this "like" system we have now.  Just go to wayta and read some of the crap.  From certain posters that is.

DericksSoapbox_3BA92A9C.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

He just turned 50, actually.

Yeah, it's been 10 years.

Yeah, we're all getting old.

When I started posting on here I hadn't finished high school. I'm now married, have a grad degree, and my daughter is turning three in a month. Yep, we're getting old.

10 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

When I started posting on here I hadn't finished high school. I'm now married, have a grad degree, and my daughter is turning three in a month. Yep, we're getting old.

You should probably change your username to mildmanneredmoderatelyintelligentmanenteringmiddleage at this point.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah I've never understood the fascination with post count. I'm personally somewhat embarrassed I have as many posts as I've got. I mean yeah it may or may not mark you as a long time respected poster, but those that care usually post crap just to post.  I honestly see the same thing with this "like" system we have now.  Just go to wayta and read some of the crap.  From certain posters that is.

DericksSoapbox_3BA92A9C.jpg

You love b60

15 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That's absurd to me.

Kessler may be limited, but he's shown he can at least play competently and not lose a team games, Osweiller is consistently terrible.

Hogan isn't an NFL qb IMO.

Kessler may not be a starter, but he's a reasonable backup IMO. 

Absurd is always a good descriptor for the browns QB situation.

Kessler is regressing. Osweiler is the same inaccurate goober he has always been. Hogan actually improved.

Kizer is the clear cut best QB on the roster by a country mile. He should start week 1, and all weeks following until his retirement.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Kessler is regressing. Osweiler is the same inaccurate goober he has always been. Hogan actually improved.

Kizer is the clear cut best QB on the roster by a country mile. He should start week 1, and all weeks following until his retirement.

So until 2037?

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

My biggest problem is Kizer still has a lot to learn. Expectting him to learn and evolve against Pittsburgh is not a good idea. If we had a cupcake game or a non divisional rival game in the first week then yeah start him. But there is throwing someone in a lake to sink or swim and well throwing some to Squeeler's Defense... I don't like him learning the run. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

I agree Kizer should start, but it's impossible for Kessler to ever regress to the point of being worse than Osweiler.

Hogan is awful IMO.

5 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah you're definitely more of a stat hugger than I am.  His stats are OK, but just watching him he's done absolutely nothing. Can't move the team at all and takes sacks.  I saw one good throw he made in the 1st game.  The rest are short dinks.  Or were they dunks?  We need more emojis.  I just can't properly express myself with the lack of emojis.  Give me more emojis!!:$

Anyway hopefully he becomes that good back up we need.

Stats are just a compilation of production. Ignore the stats and look at how the games went last year while he was in vs. the other guys. He can keep drives going when things don't get ugly and we're at 2nd and 20.

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

My biggest problem is Kizer still has a lot to learn. Expectting him to learn and evolve against Pittsburgh is not a good idea. If we had a cupcake game or a non divisional rival game in the first week then yeah start him. But there is throwing someone in a lake to sink or swim and well throwing some to Squeeler's Defense... I don't like him learning the run. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

He will learn better on the field than behind any of the lesser talents we have on the roster. 

The days of learning from the bench are over. All modern statistical data supports starting a QB early. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree Kizer should start, but it's impossible for Kessler to ever regress to the point of being worse than Osweiler.

Hogan is awful IMO.

Osweiler is really a non-factor. Word is, the team has been making phone calls to shop him since day 1, and are continuing to do so.

Kessler has regressed to a point where he is worse than he was last year.

Hogan has improved to a point where he may be as good as Kessler was last year.

None of them are particularly good, so ranking them against each other is like picking your favorite turd in the bowl. Each one is still crap and needs to be flushed.