2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It depends what we do in Free agency. I wouldn't be mad with Kyler Murray because Derek Carr production isn't matching his price tag, we need to start looking at options beyond Carr. We need an Edge rusher and Id rather have a WR instead of a TE

40 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It depends what we do in Free agency. I wouldn't be mad with Kyler Murray because Derek Carr production isn't matching his price tag, we need to start looking at options beyond Carr. We need an Edge rusher and Id rather have a WR instead of a TE

Strong first post :S

31 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You can disagree but my point is valid. Has Carr lived up to his contract for the last 2 seasons? 27th in QBR for the 5th highest paid QB in the league. We cannot ignore Carr's regression

I'm on the fence with Carr. Half of me notes this point and is super disappointed with him not being consistent enough.

The other part looks at his continuous changes at OC and the crap talent he had this past season and then wants to give him another chance.

I think we can win with Carr, but too many things have to go perfect for him to be worth the money.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd never bet against Gruden doing something ridiculous. 

I am sure. Given his track record. But i think this is all Gruden and Mayock using their people in the media to push a narrative that they are going QB so if you want one better trade up. 

Heres to hoping Arizona goes Q. Williams (Firmly believe this is the pick). Then Jacksonville trades up to #2 and takes Haskins. Then New York trades up to take Murray at 3. And Bosa falls into our Lap at 4.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jones would be the absolute worst pick that we could make, dude screams career backup. 

Maybe so. I'm just calling my shot bud. I didn't say he was great. I'm just saying when the dust settles IF we take a QB I bet it's him. Kid has Gruden written all over him.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think we can win with Carr, but too many things have to go perfect for him to be worth the money.

And herein lies the issue.  Carr is not a QB who elevates others. He will play well if the talent around him is upper tier. But the same can be said about Dalton, Tannehill, and a number of other solid QBs. 

I don't want to be the Bengals and stick with Carr for too long because he's not a bad player and has shown flashes in the past.

I'm all in on drafting Haskins or Murray at 4 if available 

5 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

You can disagree but my point is valid. Has Carr lived up to his contract for the last 2 seasons? 27th in QBR for the 5th highest paid QB in the league. We cannot ignore Carr's regression

People throw around the QB salary without context a lot. Any decent young starting QB that show promise is getting paid. That is just how the league works now. I'm not saying we shouldn't expect strong play from our franchise player or we can't criticize his price tag but you need to be balanced and also look at the rate at which teams fail at finding a really good QB. The odds are if we dump Carr and draft someone else, they are gonna be worst.

Archived