2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What do you guys think of DK Matcalf if he is on the board at 24?  I haven't watched much film on him but he sure looks the part of an elite stud #1?

really want him.... he might go to Ravens at 22..... I honestly hope we get a stud D player at 4... and with those late 1st go offense, TE and WR.... we need to be more explosive on offense to keep up with the NFL.... our defense showed life last year... with the 4th pick, and be aggressive in free agency on D

13 hours ago, big_palooka said:

TE is a pretty big need. Gruden needs a player that can split the seems on defense. Cook likely won't come back given age and contract. So TE jumps to the front of the list after needs on defense.

this offense needs playmakers! Get a TE and control the middle of the field.... this is a great TE class...we can run more 2 TE sets with Cook and a 1st... our wideouts suck

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

sucks man.. we really need a force for our defense(Mack replacement) and we just miss out on 3 blue chip players in Bosa, Williams, and Allen.....

Bucky Brooks is mocking us with Rashan Gary... he is more athlete than football player....  that is risky as hell

Didn't we already try that kinda thing with a second rounder 2 years ago?

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

really want him.... he might go to Ravens at 22..... I honestly hope we get a stud D player at 4... and with those late 1st go offense, TE and WR.... we need to be more explosive on offense to keep up with the NFL.... our defense showed life last year... with the 4th pick, and be aggressive in free agency on D

I don’t think Metcalf makes it to 24

I mentioned Adderley before the first practice as someone I’ll be keeping an eye on and he did not disappoint in practice and didn’t disappoint during the game. In a safety class where there is no real stand out he made himself a lot of money this week. I always felt like he was a second round pick before the senior bowl now i think he is a sure lock for a first round pick. Teams will be smart to give him a look at nickel CB has great feet, but for the Raiders he would be a excellent option arc FS with his range would be a nice compliment to Karl Joseph. 

18 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I mentioned Adderley before the first practice as someone I’ll be keeping an eye on and he did not disappoint in practice and didn’t disappoint during the game. In a safety class where there is no real stand out he made himself a lot of money this week. I always felt like he was a second round pick before the senior bowl now i think he is a sure lock for a first round pick. Teams will be smart to give him a look at nickel CB has great feet, but for the Raiders he would be a excellent option arc FS with his range would be a nice compliment to Karl Joseph. 

You do not think we will run into the same issues as Joseph with the size limitations?  Joseph has great coverage ability and can play the slot but would get shielded by TEs from the ball so he could never make a stop.

Joseph 5'10" 205 32" arms

Adderly 5'11" 195 31" arms

Are we going to focus on covering TEs with LBers only?  I also thought Guenther liked having a larger S like Illoka.

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You do not think we will run into the same issues as Joseph with the size limitations?  Joseph has great coverage ability and can play the slot but would get shielded by TEs from the ball so he could never make a stop.

Are we going to focus on covering TEs with LBers only?  I also thought Guenther liked having a larger S like Illoka.

Aside from some body messaurments Nasir and Karl are nothing a like on the field. Nasir is a true center field FS with better coverage skills and ball skills. Who imo could be a nickel CB if he were to get drafted by a team who is set at FS and SS. Karl lacks cover skills and is best used as a blitzer or close to the LOS. While he can play deep he lacks the ball skills to make plays once the ball is in the air. 

It will be interesting to see what they do as far as covering TEs but in today’s NFL they could very well start playing 3 safety’s. 

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I also think the 4th pick needs to be D.  I prefer Josh Allen as he may be the most likely to still be there and also wouldn't mind either Bosa or Q.Williams if they somehow slip.  

One of the next 3 picks should be a WR but I feel there is good depth at WR in this draft and I may be advantageous to wait until the 2nd round to take a WR.   I also wouldn't be opposed to doubling down on WR either if say Metcalf slips to 27 and Hollywood Brown is on the board with our 2nd.  Two dynamic playmakers like that could turn this abysmal O around.  

I would not mind going heavy D with the first 4 picks either.  Edge or 3T with 4, CB/S, LB.  

I could easily see us going RB within the first 3 rounds. We need a playmaker in the backfield as our current RB crew is old, washed up and instills fear in no one.  

Obviously FA will dictate where we go in the draft but this team has so many holes and very little talent so we need to go BPA and build this team from the ground up.  As long as we get quality players who will contribute for a long time I don't care what route they go, we just need to nail the picks.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Aside from some body messaurments Nasir and Karl are nothing a like on the field. Nasir is a true center field FS with better coverage skills and ball skills. Who imo could be a nickel CB if he were to get drafted by a team who is set at FS and SS. Karl lacks cover skills and is best used as a blitzer or close to the LOS. While he can play deep he lacks the ball skills to make plays once the ball is in the air. 

It will be interesting to see what they do as far as covering TEs but in today’s NFL they could very well start playing 3 safety’s. 

I think the are very similar.  Joseph's play against the run stands out so much that we overlook his coverage ability.  He can not play single high safety but that is about it.  The 2 are very similar with Adderly's strengths allowing him to be better suited to play FS.  Karl can play the slot also but what I question is Adderly going to get abused because he does not have the ability to make a play on a TE who is 6 inches taller and out weighs him by 65 lbs.  Also many of his interceptions came on poorly thrown balls by low level QBs.  I am limited in my knowledge of defensive schemes but in our defense how do we approach covering a TE and is this because of a lack of proper personnel last year?  I am so sick of seeing us get abused by TEs.  It does not help that San Diego and KC have had hall of Fame level TEs for what seems like almost 2 decades.

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Who says we're gonna keep Joseph? I think they are going to let him walk without a doubt. He's not 5'10. He's a Reggie guy. His agent is the same as Mack & Coop. I think there's 0 chance we keep him around.That doesn't mean we will for sure draft his replacement this year, but its possible

42 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Who says we're gonna keep Joseph? I think they are going to let him walk without a doubt. He's not 5'10. He's a Reggie guy. His agent is the same as Mack & Coop. I think there's 0 chance we keep him around.That doesn't mean we will for sure draft his replacement this year, but its possible

Joseph and Conely started ballin last year(without a pass rush)... be a shame to let go of Joseph because he is a reggie guy.. he is a good 10 year starter in the league

Archived