Totty

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What would people be more pissed with:

1. White
  2. Polite/Burns

or

1. Ferrell
  2. Bush/Wilson

I'm trying to gauge the value of where White will fall in this years draft vs. what a LB we can get in the late 1st. It appears Devin White is a better prospect than Roquan Smith (who went #8 last year). 

As of right now I'm kinda hoping for 

1. Allen/Ferrell/Gary

2. Bush

3. Hockensen/Fant

4. Samuel/Brown

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

As of right now I'm kinda hoping for 

1. Allen/Ferrell/Gary

2. Bush

3. Hockensen/Fant

4. Samuel/Brown

No thanks to TE in first. Bigger needs and there will be solid TE in 3rd/4th

13 hours ago, roi34 said:

No thanks to TE in first. Bigger needs and there will be solid TE in 3rd/4th

TE is a pretty big need. Gruden needs a player that can split the seems on defense. Cook likely won't come back given age and contract. So TE jumps to the front of the list after needs on defense.

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

TE is a pretty big need. Gruden needs a player that can split the seems on defense. Cook likely won't come back given age and contract. So TE jumps to the front of the list after needs on defense.

Yea this is an awesome TE class tbh. I can see  up to 3 going in the first.

20 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What would people be more pissed with:

1. White
  2. Polite/Burns

or

1. Ferrell
  2. Bush/Wilson

I'm trying to gauge the value of where White will fall in this years draft vs. what a LB we can get in the late 1st. It appears Devin White is a better prospect than Roquan Smith (who went #8 last year). 

The second set I like more because I don't think Polite or Burns are impact players in the NFL, at least not right away. And I would definitely disagree with White being a better prospect than Smith last year--and I didn't even like Smith as much as most did. I wouldn't bet on White going top 10, especially after the combine.

A player that has caught my attention of late is Miss. St. safety Johnathan Abram. He reminds me a lot of Derwin James, especially as a pass rusher and a defender in the flat and hook-zone. The Raiders don't typically use a safety-backer as the Chargers do with James, but I think Abram is a player made for today's NFL because of his ability to be an intermediary defender between the run and pass.

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What do you guys think of DK Matcalf if he is on the board at 24?  I haven't watched much film on him but he sure looks the part of an elite stud #1?

He's probably an elite athlete but I'm not convinced he's a shoe-in for success in the NFL. He wins a lot on double moves on go routes but I haven't seen him do much else of note. He also has shaky hands on routine plays while making spectacular catches down the field. I conservatively comp him to Kenny Golladay.

In terms of X-type receivers in this draft, I have him below Butler and maybe Ridley but probably ahead of Harry. I have him below Butler, Ridley, Samuel, and maybe A.J. Brown, at receiver, generally.

26 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

He's probably an elite athlete but I'm not convinced he's a shoe-in for success in the NFL. He wins a lot on double moves on go routes but I haven't seen him do much else of note. He also has shaky hands on routine plays while making spectacular catches down the field. I conservatively comp him to Kenny Golladay.

In terms of X-type receivers in this draft, I have him below Butler and maybe Ridley but probably ahead of Harry. I have him below Butler, Ridley, Samuel, and maybe A.J. Brown, at receiver, generally.

Interesting.  I have read comparisons to Josh Gordon and the most dominant WR to come out in years.  

I don't have any clue how his game will translate bc I have seen nothing but highlight reels on the guy and we all know that is no way to evaluate talent.  

I read that he had a terrible neck injury but has been cleared to play.  I'm interested so see where he goes in the draft but thanks for the insight.  I'll see if I can dig up some film and come up with my own analysis when have have some free time. 

We all know how WR's built like him intrigue me (6'4 230 and 4.4 speed) hahaha

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Draft-Scouting-Reports/Scouting-Report-DK-Metcalf.asp

Here is a pretty detailed breakdown of what this guy thinks of Metcalf.  He also says he is the best WR to come out in the last 4 years.  Very intriguing player who this analysis speculates could go in the top 10.  He has the physical ability to dominate at the next level and I don't think that is a question.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What do you guys think of DK Matcalf if he is on the board at 24?  I haven't watched much film on him but he sure looks the part of an elite stud #1?

Wouldn't be totally against it, wouldn't be super excited or anything either. 

And I know he's been hurt, and stats don't always matter, but 67 Rec 1228 Yards in his college career? When was the last time a WR with those stats went it the 1st? I just find it interesting. 

56 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Wouldn't be totally against it, wouldn't be super excited or anything either. 

And I know he's been hurt, and stats don't always matter, but 67 Rec 1228 Yards in his college career? When was the last time a WR with those stats went it the 1st? I just find it interesting. 

I know he has been cleared to play but it seems like every year there is a player with injury history that when NFL doctors look at them they are taken completely off of teams boards.  He seems like the type of player with his injury that most teams will not take a chance on.  My feelings about him would be directly linked to what  my doctors said.  He has first round talent but might not be on my big board.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Waller and 3-4th round Te. Way too many busts for 1st round tes

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Interesting.  I have read comparisons to Josh Gordon and the most dominant WR to come out in years.  

I don't have any clue how his game will translate bc I have seen nothing but highlight reels on the guy and we all know that is no way to evaluate talent.  

I read that he had a terrible neck injury but has been cleared to play.  I'm interested so see where he goes in the draft but thanks for the insight.  I'll see if I can dig up some film and come up with my own analysis when have have some free time. 

We all know how WR's built like him intrigue me (6'4 230 and 4.4 speed) hahaha

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Draft-Scouting-Reports/Scouting-Report-DK-Metcalf.asp

Here is a pretty detailed breakdown of what this guy thinks of Metcalf.  He also says he is the best WR to come out in the last 4 years.  Very intriguing player who this analysis speculates could go in the top 10.  He has the physical ability to dominate at the next level and I don't think that is a question.  

He's a huge boom bust guy. There's a lot of projecting with him, though his athleticism isn't really in question.

If you want a clean #1 receiver type of prospect, there are guys next year like Jerry Jeudy, Tee Higgins, and Laviska Shennault who will be #1's in the NFL. 

IMO we should resign cook on a 2-3 year deal, assuming he doesn't want ludicrous money. Tight ends play WELL into their 30s and we can't just let the dude walk. Would be a huge mistake consider how much cap room we have. I'm not opposed to drafting a talented tight end early and running 2 tight end sets, but we can't just let Cook go.

I am looking for "glue guys" and value at 24/27. Guys I like if they fall are Adderley (after watching more of him), Byron Murphy, Deandre Baker, Mack Wilson, Devin Bush, and Noah Fant.

Receivers should see a sweet spot in early R2 and early R3. I would theoretically take Riley Ridley in R2, and Dortch in R4. I still like Dortch more than isabella/mclaurin and others. He's electric. Super underrated this year and will be a playmaker day 1 in the NFL. Same with Ridley. He has NFL size and does everything well. He will be a good #2 for a long time. Safe good core team building pick IMO. Gun for a #1 WR in next year's draft where we have 2 1sts and there'll be a bunch of them.

I wouldn't look at RB until later, unless Jacobs falls to 35. I like Rodney anderson in R4-5 and beyond. He has feature back upside and better to gamble on a high upside guy late than spend an early pick. There are some intriguing guys late.

My Quick FA/Mock draft (I haven't really been doing these this year): This is what I want. Not what will happen.

Brandon Graham: Getting a little older, but a good player who can be had and will give us respectable production for 3-4 years.

Jordan Hicks: Crown jewel. Unbelievable player when healthy. In free agency, it's worth the risk. And he's young.

Haha Clinton Dix: A good safety who will demand some pesos, but we have money and we may be able to leverage Washington for him.

Jay Ajayi: A grinder when healthy. Breaks large amounts of tackles and can complement richard  perfectly. Not sold 1 bit on Warren. Probably won't cost too much either.

(I know it's a lot of eagles, but these are the guys I'm targeting personally)

Draft:

1. Clellin Ferrell: If Quinnen is here, this is him. But a safe, good player who has double digit sack potential.

1. Devin Bush: Will come in day 1 and bring speed and aggression to the LB position.

1. Deandre Baker: I have a soft spot for gamer corners who are fluid. Fluidity>>length for me. He can seriously play and will help on day 1. Move Worley wherever, this guy can be the future with conley and easily solidify the back end.

2.Riley Ridley: Perfect high end #2 WR. Everything you want in an offensive building block.

3.Irv Smith Jr.: This one is a bit of a stretch. I don't think he'll be here, but I'm being overly optimistic here. I think he's super underrated. Will be a playmaker in the NFL.

4.Greg Dortch: Explosive playmaker. Will make a huge impact year one in any way he's used (PR/KR/Slot). Some will see this as a reach. 

5. Rodney anderson (see above).

Depth Chart (players of note):

Defense:

CB: Conley, Baker, Worley

S:Karl, Haha

LB:Bush, Hicks

DE:Graham, Ferrell (Key as 3rd down rusher as he continues to grow into position)

DT: Hurst, Hall, (Jelly as reserve)

Offense:

QB: Carr

OL: Miller, KO, Hudson, Gabe, Parker (unsure of this one)

TE: Cook, Irv Smith

WR: Jordy, Ridley, Dortch

RB: Ajayi, Richard, Anderson

Archived