Wildcard Playoff Round

Leader

24 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Vic Fangio is overrated in my view. To his luck he had probowl playmakers during his 49ers tenure and to his luck he has now.

Give this defense to Mike Pettine he will do much more...

What great defense doesn't have pro bowl caliber playmakers on it?  The Bears were literally first in almost every category on defense, you can't get much better than that.

16 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Bears wanted BDN instead of Kirk Cousins. Got too cocky and it burned them. Is there a more dynamic duo than the Vikings history and Kirk Cousins in big games? Bears had a layup there

BDN was full chub tonight.

7 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

What great defense doesn't have pro bowl caliber playmakers on it?  The Bears were literally first in almost every category on defense, you can't get much better than that.

Exactly right. You can not downgrade a coach just because he has good players. What coach wins on a constant basis with scrubs? None.

37 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Vic Fangio is overrated in my view. To his luck he had probowl playmakers during his 49ers tenure and to his luck he has now.

Give this defense to Mike Pettine he will do much more...

Hard to do "more" as the Bears D was pretty damn good this year, but I too think Fangio is a little over-rated. Once he got Mack, his job became a lot easier. He's a solid DC but the talent is everywhere on that D. 

19 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Had he been a little creative with his playcalling they would have won the game.

Rushing 2 and 3 on 2&10 and 3&10 are receipe to disaster.. Qb’s are going to make plays most of the time in that situation. 

35 minutes ago, malak1 said:

He’ll never be as good as Rodgers, obv. But he isn’t the reason we lost today. I do agree though, I would like him to take a HUGE step next year.

I don't think he needs to be.  Say he makes a normal 3rd year jump, usually that is pretty good.  Then the defense is not quite as good but still effective.  That is the same Bears team. 

I really think this division is going to be tough for the next few years.  The Vikings are going to have to move some salary to keep Barr and Easton, but that window is still there.  The Bears won't be in cap trouble in the foreseeable future, until they have to pay Trubisky, but if they have to pay him, he is probably playing well.  The Packers are going through a youth movement, and still have a top tier QB and lots of money to spend.  I don't know what the Lions are doing, but I think they have a ton of cap space.  

Chicago paid a premium to move up one spot and draft Trubisky, so they’re committed. I doubt he’d have been Nagy’s guy, but he was hired to coach up the young QB. It’s my unqualified opinion that Trubisky won't take them to a championship. I’m REALLY glad chicago didn’t draft Patrick Mahomes.

That written, I respect what Matt Nagy has done coaching his squad this year. The Bears commitment to dipping into free agency, trading for Mack, and seeming to have found a coach that has brought some swagger back to chicago, have likely raised the bar in the NFC North. Who knows? Maybe Trubisky will amount to something more than an average NFL QB. Or maybe...Remember Mike Glennon???   ( ) - : #

In any case, the Packers High Command is charged with regaining some footing and strengthening those positions of need, which as we know, are many. It should be fun this off-season!

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't think he needs to be.  Say he makes a normal 3rd year jump, usually that is pretty good.  Then the defense is not quite as good but still effective.  That is the same Bears team. 

I really think this division is going to be tough for the next few years.  The Vikings are going to have to move some salary to keep Barr and Easton, but that window is still there.  The Bears won't be in cap trouble in the foreseeable future, until they have to pay Trubisky, but if they have to pay him, he is probably playing well.  The Packers are going through a youth movement, and still have a top tier QB and lots of money to spend.  I don't know what the Lions are doing, but I think they have a ton of cap space.  

Blasphemy Dave. 

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It was pretty fun watching them get bounced at home the week before .. then the Bears get bounced.  Couldn't have worked out much better. 

Word.

And clanging a field goal, much the way minnesota has in past playoff games! 

11 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

Word.

And clanging a field goal, much the way minnesota has in past playoff games! 

Crosby kicks the winning field against Dallas - doesnt count - DAL had called time out. He comes back to put the actual winner through.
Crosby kicks the winning field goal against Minnesota - doesnt count - MN had called time out. He misses the follow up.
Parkey kicks the winning field goal against Philly - doesnt count - PHIL had called time out. He misses the follow up.

Archived