BDL 2019 Contract Negotiations/Transactions

SirA1

Can I release David Amerson under the rule "he wasn't playing for a full season?" forget what you call that.

In 2017, he stopped playing in week 8.  Didn't start again until week 11 in 2018 where he signed a vet min deal with zona.

http://www.nfl.com/player/davidamerson/2540170/gamelogs?season=2018

I had planned on posting this earlier in the year when he was still a fa, but forgot about it.

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Can I release David Amerson under the rule "he wasn't playing for a full season?" forget what you call that.

In 2017, he stopped playing in week 8.  Didn't start again until week 11 in 2018 where he signed a vet min deal with zona.

http://www.nfl.com/player/davidamerson/2540170/gamelogs?season=2018

I had planned on posting this earlier in the year when he was still a fa, but forgot about it.

From my understanding of the rules, you missed your chance. You should have released him before he played again, now its not a free release then again....

Free-agent cut (all year long): A player who is a free agent IRL and who hasn’t played a snap in a full calendar year can be cut without penalty from a roster

Edited by Hockey5djh

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

From my understanding of the rules, you missed your chance. You should have released him before he played again, now its not a free release.

I'm going to use the 2018 BDL Roster Spreadsheet that still list him as a FA.

So the oversight wasn't my fault and he's coming off my roster.

14 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm going to use the 2018 BDL Roster Spreadsheet that still list him as a FA.

So the oversight wasn't my fault and he's coming off my roster.

Was expecting white text, but the answer is no.  You can't make up your own rules unless you are bcb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

Was expecting white text, but the answer is no.  You can't make up your own rules unless you are bcb.

I'm not making up my own rules.  But I think its jank that I've got to monitor players each week.  Whats the point of having the Roster status in the BDL workbook if it isn't updated?

I relied on the roster status in bdl and I'm relying on it now.  

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

I'm not making up my own rules.  But I think its jank that I've got to monitor players each week.  Whats the point of having the Roster status in the BDL workbook if it isn't updated?

I relied on the roster status in bdl and I'm relying on it now.  

BDL status isn't official, mistakes are made.  Can't make an exception here, would lead to bad stuff.  I can't see anyone agreeing with you here.