BDL 2019 Contract Negotiations/Transactions

SirA1

5 hours ago, SirA1 said:

• For players under the NFL Franchise Tag they can be 3 Upped for 100% the value of the Franchise tag. If the are signed to a long term deal during the same season their BDL Contract will revert to 75% of the IRL value of they new contract. This is done to prevent any issues with going over the BDL Salary cap.

Clowney would have to be the full $15,443. 

I knew it was similar rules to tenders, glad that is addressed.

Temporarily retract Frank Clark approval.

5 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

wait wait wait.....

So I have to choose to 100% extend a FA to get the benefit of getting his 3up in an extension? I thought we couldn't 100% extend FAs?

Franchise tags in BDL are basically place holders in hopes they sign a long term extension in the same season. This rule only applies to franchise tags. It was put in to avoid people having to burn 3 UPs on the same guy multiple years. Now in Siras case, if you got a Leveon Bell situation you don't have a choice. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jlash said:

Franchise tags in BDL are basically place holders in hopes they sign a long term extension in the same season. This rule only applies to franchise tags. It was put in to avoid people having to burn 3 UPs on the same guy multiple years. Now in Siras case, if you got a Leveon Bell situation you don't have a choice. 

I'm still slightly confused, do I get the 75% when he's on the franchise tag or do I have to pay the full 100%?

16 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'm still slightly confused, do I get the 75% when he's on the franchise tag or do I have to pay the full 100%?

You pay full price until he signs his new deal. Then you get 75

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

And if he never signs a new deal I'll end up using 2 3ups anyway? 

Correct. I had to use 2 back to back 3 Ups on Bell one for $12K and last year for over $14K and then I will be using a 3rd one this season after he finally signed a long term deal.

F me.

Hawaii 3up #1:

EDGE Jadeveon Clowney

IRL Contract: Franchise Tag: 15,443/1 year

BDL Offer: 15,443/1 year (Fingers crossed on that extension)

Starting Cap Space: $33,788

Ending Cap Space: $18,345

Approved.

F me.

Hawaii 3up #1:

EDGE Jadeveon Clowney

IRL Contract: Franchise Tag: 15,443/1 year

BDL Offer: 15,443/1 year (Fingers crossed on that extension)

Starting Cap Space: $33,788

Ending Cap Space: $18,345

Approved.

Approved by: SirA1, bcb1213, MD4L