BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Final Jazz Rookie Report:

Nick Bosa - Legitimate DPOY contender in his first season and already established himself among the best edge rushers in the league. Slam dunk.

Grade: A+

Josh Allen - On pace for 11 sacks and in any other season would be getting a lot of attention. Another slam dunk.

Grade: A

Jawaan Taylor - Jags OL sucks but he hasn't been the worst. Obviously the penalties need to go and pass-pro can get more polished, but encouraging enough signs even if he hasn't lived up to his BDL position.

Grade: B-

Jeffery Simmons - I thought this would be a redshirt year but he's exceeded my expectations both in returning quick and excelling on the field. Should be even better next year when fully over his injury and with some experience under his belt.

Jonah Williams - Redshirt year.

Grade: Inc.

Parris Campbell - Suffered a number of different injuries and has seldom impressed when out there. Disappointing given he'd have opportunities on a largely ubinspiring depth chart, although hopefully now healthy he can make an impact over the last few weeks.

Grade: C-

Dre'Mont Jones - Beginning to make an impact as a situational rusher, including grabbing his first sack recently and a pick. May never be a full-time player given his size, but recent progress is promising nonetheless.

Darnell Savage - Tackling and angles in pursuit need improvement, but has generally performed at a high level thoughtout as a deep safety and has shown flashes of elite range and ball skills. 

Grade: A-

Deebo Samuel - Seems to have overcome the drops which plagued him early and now is establishing himself as a solid no.2 and dangerous YAC receiver. On pace for 800 yards and a few TDs too.

Drew Lock - While I thought this would be another redshirt season for a draftee, he's come out and played extremely well in his first two starts with the second being a historic performance in beating down a contender. 2 games isn't a career, but it's as bright a start as you'll get.

Chase Winovich - Rotational rusher with 5.5 sacks, though more of a special team fixture than anything. Nonetheless a solid return and he certainly appears to be in Belichick's good books so we can expect more of the same to come.

Grade: B+

Devin Singletary - Save for Buffalo inexplicably opting to go with Frank Gore as the day one starter and a hamstring injury, Singletary would be in discussion for OROY. Currently has an impressive 5.6 YPC and has shown to be a valuable pass-catcher too.

Sheldrick Redwine - Starting after a whole host of issues from injuries to social media meltdowns have affected the Browns safety room. Can't say I've watched him but he's racked up stats and pff says he's been good? Whatever I'll take it.

Grade: B

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Final Jazz Rookie Report:

Nick Bosa - Legitimate DPOY contender in his first season and already established himself among the best edge rushers in the league. Slam dunk.

Grade: A+

Josh Allen - On pace for 11 sacks and in any other season would be getting a lot of attention. Another slam dunk.

Jawaan Taylor - Jags OL sucks but he hasn't been the worst. Obviously the penalties need to go and pass-pro can get more polished, but encouraging enough signs even if he hasn't lived up to his BDL position.

Jeffery Simmons - I thought this would be a redshirt year but he's exceeded my expectations both in returning quick and excelling on the field. Should be even better next year when fully over his injury and with some experience under his belt.

Jonah Williams - Redshirt year.

Parris Campbell - Suffered a number of different injuries and has seldom impressed when out there. Disappointing given he'd have opportunities on a largely ubinspiring depth chart, although hopefully now healthy he can make an impact over the last few weeks.

Grade: C-

Dre'Mont Jones - Beginning to make an impact as a situational rusher, including grabbing his first sack recently and a pick. May never be a full-time player given his size, but recent progress is promising nonetheless.

Darnell Savage - Tackling and angles in pursuit need improvement, but has generally performed at a high level thoughtout as a deep safety and has shown flashes of elite range and ball skills. 

Deebo Samuel - Seems to have overcome the drops which plagued him early and now is establishing himself as a solid no.2 and dangerous YAC receiver. On pace for 800 yards and a few TDs too.

Drew Lock - While I thought this would be another redshirt season for a draftee, he's come out and played extremely well in his first two starts with the second being a historic performance in beating down a contender. 2 games isn't a career, but it's as bright a start as you'll get.

Chase Winovich - Rotational rusher with 5.5 sacks, though more of a special team fixture than anything. Nonetheless a solid return and he certainly appears to be in Belichick's good books so we can expect more of the same to come.

Grade: B+

Devin Singletary - Save for Buffalo inexplicably opting to go with Frank Gore as the day one starter and a hamstring injury, Singletary would be in discussion for OROY. Currently has an impressive 5.6 YPC and has shown to be a valuable pass-catcher too.

Sheldrick Redwine - Starting after a whole host of issues from injuries to social media meltdowns have affected the Browns safety room. Can't say I've watched him but he's racked up stats and pff says he's been good? Whatever I'll take it.

Grade: B

I will go through this list later but itd mean something If they weren't being rated by the person that drafted them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

@WFLukic, nobody should be surprised by Simmons' coming back from an ACL this season. ACL tears aren't serious injuries anymore and haven't been for at least ten years. Media acts like it's some sort of career-ruining thing and it's...just not true.

Only real issue comes about if there is nerve damage.