BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:
7 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Random FA question ( @SirA1?) How should one handle a person that is a FA in the BDL but signed on a 5th year option in regards to the 50% rule?

Example: Arik Armstead

Spotrac shows: $9843/4 years but in 2019 it will be his 5th year and he will be making $9046

Will anyone bidding on him be required to start at $2461 or $4523?

This is a good question. It should be off his current deal though. So I would say 4523

That's my issue though. The 5th year is an option built into first round contracts based on averages at the position, not a separate one year deal like a franchise tag.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

So if its off his current deal the number would technically be $2461 but I want to make sure there's not any 5th year option caveat that I don't know about

Also regardless of the answer this is one of the "rule clarifications" that I volunteered to help make sure was documented in the BDL guidelines doc. Please let me know if you would still like my help with that or if you've got it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So I asked a couple people about being a co-owner and I had no luck anybody got any suggestions on anybody else to ask? I would definitely like to add one before free agency arrive

Could ask people in a team subforum.  They tend to be nerdy enough for this.

• Like 2