BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

6 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Whilst absolutely true, that's about to change in a couple of years when Wagner get a new deal and when all the guys under rookie contracts (Jack, Smith, Jones, McKinney etc) get theirs as well. 8,5K is not that expensive for a proven high quality player in his prime regardless of the position he plays in, especially when the cap is suppose to rise in the next few years. 

This is a ridiculously loaded pool of defenders, thus no one is going to get their 3 UP value.

Edited by MD4L

Grady Jarrett nearly got the exact value Fletcher Cox got last year. He’ll be the highest paid defender of this class assuming Patrick Peterson doesn’t get quite a bit more per year money.

28 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Grady Jarrett nearly got the exact value Fletcher Cox got last year. He’ll be the highest paid defender of this class assuming Patrick Peterson doesn’t get quite a bit more per year money.

I believe Jarrett is a top 3/top 5 interior DL in the NFL, behind Donald and Cox. And the best FA available in this class by far considering his age. Glad to get him at a decent price considering a 3up on Geno would have cost me more

• Like 1

I'll do some grades for Day 1 of defense FA

Avery Williamson - 3750/2 - Anchorage: A : Solid signing at a decent price and a position of need.

Lamarcus Joyner - 5250/3 - Berlin: C+ : Joyner is a solid player and will of course help Berlin, but I'd rather have signed a couple of safeties for a tad less or Mathieu for a bit more. I think it's a little high priced for Joyner considering the pool available

Timmy Jernigan - 1000/3 - Camden: C : I love Jernigan and there's great upside in this move. However, he's a little stuck on PHI depth chart and I don't necessarily know if he's in a good enough IRL situation to warrant a 3 year deal

Todd Davis - 2500/2 - Camden: B- : I'm not exactly fond of Davis, but it's a decent 2 year deal for an OK starting LB.

Mario Addison - 3750/3 - Hungary: B : Addison is a low end starter / very good rotation end for a BDL team and the price is ok. Solid deal for PR

Danny Shelton - 515/3 - Hungary: C : Why not?

Crevon Leblanc: 675/3 - Hungary: C : Why not?

Calais Campbell: 8000/2 - New Orleans: A-

Geno Atkins: 8500/2 - New Orleans: A- : I will grade those together. In a vacuum, both are very good deals. They're top players at their position and a 2 year only deal limit the risk for New Orleans. Only reason why it's an A- and not an A+ is I'm not entirely sure what Lukic is doing here. He seems committed to his young team yet signs both aging vets? It might pay huge dividends, but it might be a missed opportunity to build a great roster around Allen/Darnold in the next few years

Gerald McCoy: 4000/2 - Rome: A+ : McCoy has his issues, notably his injury history. But at 4K on a 2 year deal, you take his production every day. Great signing by bcb

All seoul players: full BDL studs, A+ all the way

Michael Bennett - 4200/3 - WSR - C: I'm a bit hesitant on this deal. On one end, signing a soon to be 34 yr old pass rusher to a 3 year deal is risky. On the other end, if Bennett retires next year or the year after, it could be a very good acquisition for WSR. 

Tyson Alualu - 1500/4 - WSR - F: As I already explained wwhiock earlier, you shouldn't use FA to sign IRL rotation players, especially to 4 yr deals. I'm pretty sure this will backfire. It's part of the learning curve though

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Lamarcus Joyner - 5250/3 - Berlin: C+ : Joyner is a solid player and will of course help Berlin, but I'd rather have signed a couple of safeties for a tad less or Mathieu for a bit more. I think it's a little high priced for Joyner considering the pool available

You may be right.  But we do have to see where those other safeties end up price-wise.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

On Portland's roster for too much. 

The other part of it is that both Joyner and Kazee have proven they can play FS, and both are going to be spending time playing the nickel back this year.  So I can use that flexibility in my gameplans.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm shocked he got that.  Love Mosley but when I saw that contract I thought he'd be shark tank for the duration.  He's not second highest paid LB in bdl good 

He's barely top 15 NFL LB material.