BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 hours ago, Blue said:

One of the things that always annoyed me about this league was the writeup process. Some people got really specific and others just wanted to focus on their scheme and let the voters figure that they wouldn't just use base personnel the whole game. If I had to do it over again, I'd limit it to three bulletpoints for each side of the ball focusing on specific matchups so voters don't have to read a wall of text for every single game.

This isn't the worst idea, but unfortunately we're too far past that point.

I personally like writing gameplans and playing that "game" but it's definitely super tedious and the weakest part of the league, especially to prospective owners.

7 hours ago, Jlash said:

DJ Moore is an underrated pickup.

4 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

is he really underrated if he was traded for a first rounder? Especially in this draft year.

22 year old no.1 receiver who's on track for 1000 yards and cost-controlled for 4 years. I mean if it turns out I've traded away a top 5 pick,it's not ideal, but chances are it'll be towards the bottom of the 1st and end of the day, you're hoping to pick someone as good as Moore with those picks so why not skip the middleman.

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, The Orca said:

If you rank me better than Swag I'll be your ally forever B|

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What about beer makes you a hippie?

Ok. You are better than Swag.

Sam Adams? You GD hippie

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

I like the loophole...I'll allow it for you

Ally forever!!!

Since we are now Allies forever, you have to help my boy @wwhickok in this trade he has set up with @Pickle Rick

In exchange,  I will try to pressure him into fulfilling that last spot in your halloween mafia game. He is active enough that it just makes sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Since we are now Allies forever, you have to help my boy @wwhickok in this trade he has set up with @Pickle Rick

In exchange,  I will try to pressure him into fulfilling that last spot in your halloween mafia game. He is active enough that it just makes sense. 

If they do the Trade, I'm in.

Using mafia to make bribes over here or vice versa is a no no. If it happens again your team will be penalized a draft pick. 

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Using mafia to make bribes over here or vice versa is a no no. If it happens again your team will be penalized a draft pick. 

Seriously? This was all goofing around.... I would think that would be extremely obvious. No one is going to make a trade they dont agree with for a mafia game sign up. 

Cmon man

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Seriously? This was all goofing around.... I would think that would be extremely obvious. No one is going to make a trade they dont agree with for a trade. 

Cmon man

It’s pickle and Orca. Have you been watching how they’ve been playing mafia? They share a half brain

Just now, Counselor said:

It’s pickle and Orca. Have you been watching how they’ve been playing mafia? They share a half brain

Okay. And you make non stop sex jokes. So here is a deal, send us those multiple 1st round draft picks and I will set you up with the tranny you always mention.

Going to dock us a pick for that joke? 

• Like 1

Okay. And you make non stop sex jokes. So here is a deal, send us those multiple 1st round draft picks and I will set you up with the tranny you always mention.

Going to dock us a pick for that joke? 

Leave your mother out of this

12 minutes ago, Counselor said:

2 points.

I hope you're joking because obviously we were especially considering I'm already looking into the mafia game andnhavent even heard back from Orca or Pickle.

2nd. No we wont. Yeah I said that and meant it. No one is going to agree to a deal that they dont want to, especially just to get someone to join another activity. I have not and will not take draft pick penalties seriously in this league. I laugh every time someone makes that threat.

Calm down, sit down. Theres nothing wrong happening here.

• Like 2