BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah Pat Mahomes to WSR. He was traded to me for a McDouble. I guess xmad got hungry

@SwoleXmad

Not a McTriple? i got hosed....

2 hours ago, WFLukic said:

New Orleans Press Conference: Welcome Cameron Jordan and DJ Moore

When asked about the recent transactions, GM Luke Lukic had the following to say on giving up a 2020 and 2021 first rounder:

"The draft is an art as much as it is a science, and with these picks you're hoping you get guys as good as DJ and Cam. We know we've got a deep roster filled with young guys, so it makes sense to get some proven players who can help us win now and in the years to come."

On trading for D.J. Moore:

"He's doing incredible things at 22 and we feel as though DJ's the perfect complement to Mike and Tyler. We're excited to see how he can grow in the next 4 years and how his connection with both Josh and Sam help take us into the upper echelon of offenses in the BDL." 

On trading for Cameron Jordan:

"I think as a GM you've got to be creative and look at ways of improving your roster. When one of the best defensive players in the world is available you have to do your due diligence and see if you can make it fit. We did that and we feel as though we've got a pass-rush that will strike fear into opposition's offense."

On Sammy Watkins and Sheldon Richardson:

"We're thankful for both contributing the way they have in New Orleans, with Sheldon having been here since the start of the 2016 season and Sammy since last year. The bottom line is these moves weren't about them as players, but rather the confidence we have in our rookies and other financial considerations. Our interior defensive lineman situation is as good as any, and with Jeffery ready to return to football and Dre'Mont growing in confidence, we felt moving Sheldon would be best for both of us. Similarly, with DJ coming in and the confidence we've got in Deebo and Parris, Anchorage is the best place for Sammy to take the next step in his career."

Ok Luke Luke. 

48 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Well Swole said it would take 7 1sts to get Mahomes... I have 8 in the next 2 years plus 4 2nds so really 12 irl first round picks ... let’s see what we can trade before November 1st and save our season!

Not above trading him for that hail tbh.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rackcs said:

You have a good TE though

<mini rant>

I have a TE who plays 40-50% of his IRL snaps. In my ideal BDL world, voters would understand that I try to use him in a similar capacity in my gameplans which still results in similar or fewer snaps than my WR4 thus he’s not listed as a starter. But that’s not how BDL works. If a dude’s on your bench then you’re not using him at all. So I have to choose between attacking a guy’s best LB or S with my not yet elite TE, listing 5 pass catchers and losing votes “because I will never run the ball and will have zero protection,” or attacking a guy’s CB4. One of these things is not like the other. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Whicker said:

<mini rant>

I have a TE who plays 40-50% of his IRL snaps. In my ideal BDL world, voters would understand that I try to use him in a similar capacity in my gameplans which still results in similar or fewer snaps than my WR4 thus he’s not listed as a starter. But that’s not how BDL works. If a dude’s on your bench then you’re not using him at all. So I have to choose between attacking a guy’s best LB or S with my not yet elite TE, listing 5 pass catchers and losing votes “because I will never run the ball and will have zero protection,” or attacking a guy’s CB4. One of these things is not like the other. 

I would disagree with your assumption.  For instance, you can state that you'll use one personnel group for a certain percentage, and the others for another percentage, and people will get it.

JLash called me out on not clarifying that a few weeks back(very validly) and I made a point to give numbers.  Give us specifics and we won't ignore that.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

See I dont agree with the idea that just because a guy is listed as a reserve means you dont use him.

If you're using him in your gameplan you're using him. It should be considered as such.

Really depends on the position, like RB yeah sure that position can rotate a lot especially if you have a bunch of solid but not super talented RBs.

But some positions you just do not rotate (O-line, QB, CB etc.) 

• Like 1