BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

On 10/11/2019 at 12:54 PM, rackcs said:

I've got my own spreadsheet where I keep track of things. I've got roster sheets going to the 2024-2025 season, the farthest any of my contracts extend. I've got sheets for my games/standings. I've got a sheet for potential FA/trade targets. Got a depth chart and picks sheet. a 3up/3down sheet. Lots of information.

@rackcs reminds me of Cheeseburger Eddie.

tenor.gif?itemid=6157872

11 hours ago, Whicker said:

<mini rant>

I have a TE who plays 40-50% of his IRL snaps. In my ideal BDL world, voters would understand that I try to use him in a similar capacity in my gameplans which still results in similar or fewer snaps than my WR4 thus he’s not listed as a starter. But that’s not how BDL works. If a dude’s on your bench then you’re not using him at all. So I have to choose between attacking a guy’s best LB or S with my not yet elite TE, listing 5 pass catchers and losing votes “because I will never run the ball and will have zero protection,” or attacking a guy’s CB4. One of these things is not like the other. 

One of the things that always annoyed me about this league was the writeup process. Some people got really specific and others just wanted to focus on their scheme and let the voters figure that they wouldn't just use base personnel the whole game. If I had to do it over again, I'd limit it to three bulletpoints for each side of the ball focusing on specific matchups so voters don't have to read a wall of text for every single game.

32 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

is he really underrated if he was traded for a first rounder? Especially in this draft year.

Maybe worded wrong, I feel like he's going to be well worth it to his new team going forward, even for a first.

• Like 1

A goal in the off-season was to get or maintain depth at spots that had hurt me previously, so I loaded up on corners and made sure I had 3 starting LTs. All 3 tackles now out and 4 corners still out. Really easy sledding so far.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

A goal in the off-season was to get or maintain depth at spots that had hurt me previously, so I loaded up on corners and made sure I had 3 starting LTs. All 3 tackles now out and 4 corners still out. Really easy sledding so far.

I always feel like the true winner in football is just who sustains the least amount of impactful injuries. You can have the best team in the league by far and injuries will derail you. Or you can be an average team that stays healthy enough to win it all.

• Like 3