BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Am I allowed to note a substitute Reserve player in case someone is inactive? I ask because I will not be available much this weekend.

Here is what I mean. 

Donte Jackson is someone i want to start this weekend IF he is active but there is a chance he wont be. If he isnt I'd want to have Carlton Davis who is a reserve take his spot and have Trayvon Mullen fill Davis' role as a reserve (Mullen wouldnt be on the reserve list if DJ plays) is this something that is permitted?

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Am I allowed to note a substitute Reserve player in case someone is inactive? I ask because I will not be available much this weekend.

Here is what I mean. 

Donte Jackson is someone i want to start this weekend IF he is active but there is a chance he wont be. If he isnt I'd want to have Carlton Davis who is a reserve take his spot and have Trayvon Mullen fill Davis' role as a reserve (Mullen wouldnt be on the reserve list if DJ plays) is this something that is permitted?

No. That is generally frowned upon.

New Orleans Press Conference: Welcome Cameron Jordan and DJ Moore

When asked about the recent transactions, GM Luke Lukic had the following to say on giving up a 2020 and 2021 first rounder:

"The draft is an art as much as it is a science, and with these picks you're hoping you get guys as good as DJ and Cam. We know we've got a deep roster filled with young guys, so it makes sense to get some proven players who can help us win now and in the years to come."

On trading for D.J. Moore:

"He's doing incredible things at 22 and we feel as though DJ's the perfect complement to Mike and Tyler. We're excited to see how he can grow in the next 4 years and how his connection with both Josh and Sam help take us into the upper echelon of offenses in the BDL." 

On trading for Cameron Jordan:

"I think as a GM you've got to be creative and look at ways of improving your roster. When one of the best defensive players in the world is available you have to do your due diligence and see if you can make it fit. We did that and we feel as though we've got a pass-rush that will strike fear into opposition's offense."

On Sammy Watkins and Sheldon Richardson:

"We're thankful for both contributing the way they have in New Orleans, with Sheldon having been here since the start of the 2016 season and Sammy since last year. The bottom line is these moves weren't about them as players, but rather the confidence we have in our rookies and other financial considerations. Our interior defensive lineman situation is as good as any, and with Jeffery ready to return to football and Dre'Mont growing in confidence, we felt moving Sheldon would be best for both of us. Similarly, with DJ coming in and the confidence we've got in Deebo and Parris, Anchorage is the best place for Sammy to take the next step in his career."

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I’m a master negotiator

Well Swole said it would take 7 1sts to get Mahomes... I have 8 in the next 2 years plus 4 2nds so really 12 irl first round picks ... let’s see what we can trade before November 1st and save our season!